Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
nigeloscar- posting that picture borders on cruelty to us Northern Hemisphereites! But looks very relaxing :D

Nice OR Andy. Looks like it's cold there too. We're not even going to get into the 20s with windchill in the single digits today. Grey and overcast. Perfect day for my pecan VS.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Summer in Australia sounds good to me right now.

Andy... The still lifes you take of your hats are very well done. Beautiful OR.

Today, Amish hat made by Flying Cloud Hats in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
zara8apa.jpg
8uvaty9e.jpg
ugyve9y9.jpg
y6a5utep.jpg

A day without a hat is like night.

Matt

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Brrrrr....a bit frosty this a.m. here in Central Ohio! Very nice start to the day Gents. As usual, you guys look great!
Andy, Very nice vintage OR my friend!
Rogera, That VS Pecan is definitely one nice looking hat!
mmbarnes, For a black hat it definitely makes a statement! Looks like it's well made too.

Today I'm sporting my recent purchase...a 4X Open Road that I'm going to have converted soon. I sent fellow Lounger,John Galt a 4X Resistol Stagecoach to have converted to a ROTLA Indy fedora. From the progress pictures he sent me, the hat is looking awesome! I'll be sending John G. this OR to work on next!

hsgf.jpg

View attachment 6809

Working on my own personal Mancave! Displayed here with my OR, a pair of Red Wings and a framing hammer...

View attachment 6808

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Nice man cave T Jones. I should get one of those.
Matt - love the hat. I'm a big fan of black hats, and this one is a keeper.
Roger - pecan is a wonderful color. Really versatile. How wide is the ribbon on this one? I like the proportions - perfect for you, and might be a good choice for my next VS.

g.durand

One Too Many
Andy, great looking OR. I'm enjoying your still-lifes.

Roger--perfect choice for the cold. I'll be in TX in a couple of weeks visiting family, but that will be in Houston, Austin, and thereabouts. Not sure what to expect weatherwise. It could be 80 degrees by the time I get there.

Matt--the flat crown, flat brim look works, I would say. Nicely paired with the black leather jacket, too.

T Jones--the framing hammer is the perfect touch for your still-life. You don't know how many thousands of nails I drove with one of those in my days as a framer. And I can't remember, either. (Not sure if I want to:eek:) The 4X OR looks great, too.

Stepped out into our chill today in a horsehide jacket and the VS charcoal TAR.
IMG_3483_zpsfb3e91a2.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Wearing a Cordova Wool today! 20 more degrees colder I will be dumping the wool and leather for Thinsulate and Gor-Tex!

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, I've gotten left behind - here are three days of Stetsons...

Thursday - 7XCB

smugshot_7482438-L.jpg

Friday - 7XCB

smugshot_2704890-L.jpg

Today - Stratoliner

smugshot_1411525-L.jpg

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks Andy. I would trade it in a minute for for that black Amish Hat Matt has on. To me black hats are at the top of my list! I will have to visit the Amish towns NE of me and look for one!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones--the framing hammer is the perfect touch for your still-life. You don't know how many thousands of nails I drove with one of those in my days as a framer. And I can't remember, either. (Not sure if I want to:eek:) The 4X OR looks great, too.

Stepped out into our chill today in a horsehide jacket and the VS charcoal TAR.
IMG_3483_zpsfb3e91a2.jpg

g.durand, Thanks buddy, I bet we could sit down together and swap a lot of stories about the trade! I'm just shy of 60 years old and I'm still swinging a hammer! The VS looks fantastic my friend!
Andy, Oh yeah, every guy should have a Mancave! There's nothing like having a bit of personal space all to your own. You should go for it! ;)

hatguy, howardeye, DJH, Nice hats guys!

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
T Jones--you're tougher than I am, my friend. I'm just past sixty and had to give it up for good eight years ago due to injury. All that pounding and grinding took its toll. But I bet we sure could tell some tales!

Wore another VS this afternoon, this time in whiskey felt.
photo-66_zps0a81bbb8.jpg

Rogera

Rogera, That VS Pecan is definitely one nice looking hat!
Thanks T Jones! Hope your man cave turns out the way you want it! You'll need some nice hat displays.

Roger--perfect choice for the cold. I'll be in TX in a couple of weeks visiting family, but that will be in Houston, Austin, and thereabouts. Not sure what to expect weatherwise. It could be 80 degrees by the time I get there.

Thanks g. The weather this time of year is like a roller coaster. I have a feeling that this last cold snap will spell the end of 80 degrees around here for a while. I imagine Houston will warm up some. I am very much enjoying the felt hat weather though! Seems like we just don't get enough of it being so hot all the time and all.
BTW, I very much enjoy that whiskey VS. I almost went whiskey but opted for the pecan since it seemed a little more neutral. I am in the queue again but this time I am going granite and charcoal and a wider ribbon.

Roger - pecan is a wonderful color. Really versatile. How wide is the ribbon on this one? I like the proportions - perfect for you, and might be a good choice for my next VS.

Thank you Andy. The ribbon is 9 ligne.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Nigel - I don't think I'll be heading to our beaches at the moment :)

Andy - nice Open Road - I like the tall crown.

Roger - that Pecan is a great colour.

Matt - I like that black one - unusual.

TJones - another great looking OR

g.d. - beautiful Charcoal VS.

Howard - great looking cap

David - a wonderful trio

g.d. - Lovely colour that Whisky

jhe88 - great Tweed. My new Lawrence & Foster arrived yesterday, must take a photo. They're very nicely made caps.

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Not a very good morning today :( But, aside from my crappy morning you guys are looking great as usual...
g.durand, My friend, you have such an awesome collection of hats! Love the VS Whiskey! That is one nice hat!
jhe, You're definitely more of a cap guy and the leather jacket adds just the right touch! Caps are your look, IMHO! It looks really good on you.
Rogera, I couldn't agree more buddy! The real work ahead of me is convincing my wife that I need to expand my hat collection for the Mancave display! ;)
Richard, Fed IVs and caps suit you well my friend! The Christy looks great on you!

Today on this frosty and crappy morning from Central Ohio, I AM NOT wearing my Ohio State caps!...(has anyone explained the concepts of DEFENSE and AVOIDING PENALTIES to the team)?! :mad:

8nbk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88