Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Going casual today. Brown Dobbs, brim up, "Che'eky" style.

A3C8FE35.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, sweet portrait with your daughter. Hope you are enjoying a great visit together.

Thank you, Alan. This was a short but very enjoyable visit - drive to Philly in the early hours of yesterday and back this evening. Amelia had a couple of events going on and we always try to be there when we can.

Monte

Practically Family
Delectans, really great, iconic shots.
Jeff, we're gettin' slammed this wknd.
Justin, nice candid.
Me at the local restaurant/lounge, which used to be an old hotel across from a train depot. The hotel is now housing (bar and restaurant remain) and the depot is restaurant and bar. Remembering all this--there's a quiz at the end. haha. Vintage brown Stetson royal de luxe.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al, your shots from making the film are fantastic. What a great opportunity for everyone to get involved in this. I hope we'll get the chance to see some of the finished video.

Jeff, quite the ice storm and an unfortunately familiar sight from living in New England. The ice is always worse than snow I'd say.

Here's my little daughter and I at this years Relay For Life at Drexel University. I like the thought that my hat is back just a few miles from where it was made, about 60 years ago.

smugshot_7698828-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
T-Jones, thanks for the nice cap comment, I appreciate them!

Randall, yes, you're right, It could be worse, haha.

David, that is a nice photo with your Strat, great hat!

Tom, sharp Biltmore!

Sam, very nice hat your Resistol, looks good on you!

g-durand, gorgeous hat on you! Looks fantastic.

Maduro, I like your photo and hat style, you look good with that VS!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
April (Snow)Showers

Spoiled by the mild Winters of the past few years, the snow, sleet and cold rain of the past weekend was a return to a more typical early Spring for us here in Minnesota.

While Ryan sat for his ACT along with his friends, Lydia and I spent a leisurely Saturday morning hanging out at the annual Minnesota Sporting Collectibles Show. '40s Stetson Spiral-Stitch.

As supple and soft as the finest Montecristi, the brim flaps about with the slightest breeze.

Eye-popping collection of pre-1900 lures from the collection of Arlan Carter.

Colorful folk-art lures made by Ray Huss upon his return from WWII in 1945.

A late lunch before heading home.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

A busy schedule of school activities prevented us from working on the film this weekend, but we made do with other adventures. Sunday morning. '20s-'30s Stetson 'Standard Quality'.

A cold rain mixed with snow fell steadily all day and night.

Helping to celebrate a belated 70th birthday for the Grand Dame of the viola, Nobuko Imai, in the afternoon.

Nobuko is as gracious as she is technically and musically astounding. Her beautiful contralto viola, made by Andrea Guarneri in 1690, is one of only five known examples.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe