Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Barcelona

Torpedo, I'm wondering if wearing dressy hats is more common over there than here. When in Italy a few years back, it seemed somewhat more common, but I'm not up with Spanish trends.

I'm trying to instigate a morphogenesis in my area, but it'll take time to see if it's working.

Anyway, you're looking sharp!

Torpedo

One Too Many
randooch said:
Torpedo, I'm wondering if wearing dressy hats is more common over there than here. When in Italy a few years back, it seemed somewhat more common, but I'm not up with Spanish trends.

I'm trying to instigate a morphogenesis in my area, but it'll take time to see if it's working.

Anyway, you're looking sharp!

Not really I'm afraid. I'm the only one in the area wearing a fedora, other than some senior citizens (and these more usually favour trilbys), and I rarely see other fedoras in the city. Some of these modern trilby/bucket soft Kangol-type hats are in evidence, and that's about it. Wearing dress hats as a complement for dressier clothes is even rarer (although apparel shops do have mannequins so equipped).

I am also trying to instigate a morphogenesis by example, but I do not seem to have any gathering of followers at present [huh]. But my main motivation is just to try to look sharp, anyway, so I'm undeterred :D .

Regards!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Guess where we just went...

PA130013.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Cuties in their hats. Well....two are.

You went to the hat shop, then the gun show, then stopped by the doughnut shop on the way home?

LordBest

Practically Family
Wearing my newly arrived Churchill Ltd Fedora:
fedorachap.jpg

7 1/4, possibly dated 1948, as there is a tag inside the sweatband, unfortunately somewhat worn but there does seem to be half a 9 followed by 48 with the 1 worn away completely.
Sold at Malouf's Gentleman's Clothing Store, Lubbock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe