Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Tom, thanks.
Randall, thanks my friend. Is not so early as it looks, 7.20. But very dark.

It's a Malteser Yorkshire mix!
spookys.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been out throwing water dummys for the dogs. They do enjoy the exercise after a long walk. :eusa_doh:

IMG3293-M.jpg

My Stetson Stratoliner, cadet blue waits on a dry spot away from the water.

The overcast (darker low clouds) and 48'F temps give the evergreen bushes, conifer trees and cedars a surreal color. I enjoyed it for only about an hour and once the sun rose higher and the clouds disapated, colors are back into normal wavelengths.

IMG3288-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, Same back to you! Your Cav Homburg looks fantastic!

Thanks, Steve. Back to back Homburgs!

Look sharp,Al!

Looking fine today in your Marathon, and thank you for your kind compliment!

LEE Today !:cool:

Fantastic Lee. Lovely colors all around, and that sumptuous lining! A very rare and unique vintage lid. Great pictures of it in action as well.

Steve and AL - wonderful homburgs! There is something about a man in a hat that draws the attention of the cameras. I got some video attention at a recent conference when the Tahitian dancers pulled me out of the audience to dance on stage with them. Unfortunately, I had to kill the cameraman afterwards.

Why didn't you tell me that earlier, Alan! lol I had to deliver an unrehearsed, hopefully cogent soliloquy in front of the camera and curious onlookers while wearing my Cavanagh. On second thought, that was a breeze compared with putting on a grass skirt and doing justice to Tahitian dance on stage. :D Thanks for the nod on the Cav, and the Alan-Style, I mean Art-Style cap looks smart!

Good info - thank you Al.

I think I read that your wife prefers the slightly tapered Silverbelly over the Cagney as well. Agree that it is best to have a variety of options. I actually just commissioned a new hat that is based on one of your vintage ones - should be very interesting.

Nice shots of you and your Cavanagh Homburg. No question that the future is challenging for many of the well known orchestras - you don't seem to be confident of a good result in this case.

Indeed, my natural beaver belly OPTIMO is Lydia's favorite felt lid. It was, as I mentioned earlier, made by Graham specifically for a major star(who happens to share my head shape and size!) and Hollywood film, and when I tried it on at the shop last year, it was immediately and unanimously loved by everyone. Lydia adores the Cagney, though.

Thanks for your kind words on my Cavanagh. The felt on these earlier Cavanagh Homburgs is truly extraordinary. The current, tragic situation with the Minnesota Orchestra and Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra(on the brink of lock-out), reflects the general calamity befalling arts and music organizations across the country. A paradigm shift away from a music and musician-centric focus to a sports franchise model of corporate sponsorship and "sustainability"(read profitability). This is creating an ever widening and unbridgeable chasm of artistic vision between the Philistine members of management and the musicians and music lovers. It is a dark time for classical music in America...

On a happier note, you look rakish in that Whippet this morning!

Stetson Royal Deluxe OR.

Al-- First of all, I love that homburg. Second, hearts are heavy for the MO all over the place. It is an absolute travesty, and a double-hitter in your city, with SPCO facing similar hacks and slashes. Add Atlanta, Indianapolis, recently Philly, and even (to a lesser degree) Chicago, among others, and you have a truly significant mass of very concerned musicians. Best of luck with the Minnesota arts.

One nice looking Open Road, Jeff, and thanks for your nice comments on my Cavanagh and your kind thoughts for the Minnesota Orchestra and Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra!

Al, sharp outfit for your Interview, man, you looks so good with your Homburger!

Herzlichen Dank, Manfred! Good choice for an early morning walk with your dog. The Wigens tweed looks great on you!

My Stetson Stratoliner, cadet blue waits on a dry spot away from the water.

Vibrant color, that Cadet Blue, one of Stetson's better colors in my estimation. Enjoy another gorgeous day here in Minnesota, Eric!

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Very cute canine, Manfred!

Eric, that blue Strat makes me green. I see you have the perfect scarf for it, too! Together with the plaid wool shirt = ideal casual look for you, post-chores, that is. :)

Alan, is there any footage of your impromptu Tahitian performance that I can view? :D

Thanks for all the kind notes on the Art-Style cap picture. Trying to kick a cold this weekend so not feeling very photogenic.

Alan ! Thanks.
Superb Cap ! & Great Pose Your pics inspired me to post up a While Back as a Lurker...

Che, we are all richer for your photo contributions. If I helped to encourage you to share them, I am pleased and honored.

Great weekend here in western NY... I hope all of you are enjoying some sun too.

LOL... I have way too many moving parts. I think the trick is to move very little outside of a 6" zone on either side of the belly button. She was a sweet kid and a great dancer.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Eric, Tony, & Manfred thank you for the kind words gentlemen.
A'n'A: Definitely not the greatest picture, but the brim is up in the back, I appreciate the compliments.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
THANKS AGAIN ALL FOR THE KIND COMMENTS !:D
i enjoy all the hats this weekend posted up & looks like im not the only one having fun !
Alan, OK the Hula i can handel easily Try the HuckleBuck for a couple hours, Im Pooped....
Chepstow, Cute Pooch & nice lid.
A&A, Man your sportin some nice stuff on the noggin my man!
DJH, Silvia has been buggin me for a lid since you Started setting up your Sweetheart.....................:eusa_doh: OH yea cool Whippet
Delectans, Gracias & looking forward to more or your Pics, always a great set...& Style
Tom, Keep em coming Amigo !!!!!
Johnny O, Love the Lee!
Eric, Amazing that Cadet-Blue Strat.

Slow ride today well actually a Hay-Ride, in my Stetson Soverign Mode Edge, Thin Ribbon.:cool:

232323232%7Ffp6354%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D358584345734%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp63569%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D358584345%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73497%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D358584347534%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp63562%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D358584346334%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe