Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
95fca6ba1c06fa01dd97bc4b7127c8dc.jpg

9764b2209047e0916f4fc0ca689d6c3a.jpg

f0f000c1615efb7c4e5214eb8b073574.jpg

Vintage store find, a biltmore whisperweight 15

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Batavia's Finest

Brilliant, cool morning. Wore one of my perennial favorites to a function. 1930s/late 1920s heather finish Dobbs. Sublime felt.

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Every hat I see you post is something I would dream to have... this one is no exception. You certainly wear it very well, too.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great look, Al. I love the old Dobbs. I know you enjoy wearing your Montecristis, but it is nice to see some favorite felt hats starting to reappear.

I'm getting a head start on Fawcett Friday with my Black Cherry VS from earlier this evening.

vs-bc-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Robert, very nice colado, the right for hot weather!

Case, the Lee stands you good! Nice Hat!

Pinesiw, nice Biltmore, looks good on you!

Al, gorgeous outfit with a Hat that was made for you! You rock it!

David, this color is always an eye catcher and he looks so good on you!

AL, that hat is so good I drool a little every time I see it. Love the picture too.

Graffiti in NH, David... I can't believe it. Handsome color on that VS.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Manfred - thanks. This was my first VS and I live the felt.

Alan - graffiti is hard to find around here. Sometimes we want an urban look for some of our photo shoots and I always wish we had some street artists to spice it up.

Splint - looking good.

Whippet for me this morning. A twin to the one sold in the Classifieds yesterday.

smugshot6958208-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
m0nk: My goodness, you are too kind, but I sincerely appreciate your comments!

Randall: :eek: Thank you!

David: Back to back winners! Such a clean and beautiful Whippet. My humble thanks for your kind remarks. I do love my Montecristis, and shall miss wearing them 'til next season. Many old felt friends and quite a few new ones to enjoy Autumn, Winter and Spring with...

Manfred: You are, as ever, most kind. I am indebted, my friend!

Alan: Thanks! I really relish this delicious old Dobbs. By the way, methinks you should keep wearing your exquisite Bipolar Dunlap deep into the Autumn and early Winter. ;)

flyfishark

Practically Family
I am sitting at the computer wearing this magnificent specimen. At first I thought it would be good material for oiling shoes, but the, after seeing all the incredibly beautiful Whippets--along with their prices--I decided that this historic, poudly-worn, Stables and Kennel fedora, must be something of a rarity. Nipped at the crown by an olympic jumping horse, passed around as a toy by Mr. Stewart's foxhounds, deeply stained from the sweat of a United States Federal District Judge (ok, sweat from the stables, not the bench),and still going. This Whippet has got to be the Timex of fedoras. Here, for your enjoyment, is a fedora I can only wear when my wife is working. (It is nice to see kind people though, who try to put a dollar in my hand when I do wear it).

_DSC0001-43.jpg

_DSC0002-38.jpg

_DSC0003-37.jpg

_DSC0004-37.jpg
[/IMG]

m0nk

One Too Many
Got the Dobbs out for the day today. I'm not sold on stingy brims and this is certainly stingy for my taste (2") but it does ok:

dobbs2.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning showers passed and have left us with cool 50'F weather to begin the day.

IMG2692-M.jpg

Enjoying the morning in my Lee All American in light gray with a Pendleton Board shirt to keep warm.

Best, Eric -

m0nk

One Too Many
I am sitting at the computer wearing this magnificent specimen. At first I thought it would be good material for oiling shoes, but the, after seeing all the incredibly beautiful Whippets--along with their prices--I decided that this historic, poudly-worn, Stables and Kennel fedora, must be something of a rarity. Nipped at the crown by an olympic jumping horse, passed around as a toy by Mr. Stewart's foxhounds, deeply stained from the sweat of a United States Federal District Judge (ok, sweat from the stables, not the bench),and still going. This Whippet has got to be the Timex of fedoras. Here, for your enjoyment, is a fedora I can only wear when my wife is working. (It is nice to see kind people though, who try to put a dollar in my hand when I do wear it).

_DSC0001-43.jpg

_DSC0002-38.jpg

_DSC0003-37.jpg

_DSC0004-37.jpg
I great hat with character, and even better is the story behind it. Very cool!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
splinter, nice photo and hat, looks good on you!

David, every day a beauty hat, this Whippet is a winner!

flyfishshark, oh goody, that's an old treasure with good and bad days, nice to hear that you not given him up!
Nice old Whippet!!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Its German-Fest in Lincoln Square this weekend here in Chicago. Not to be confused with Oktoberfest....that's later this month. German-Fest starts tonight. I will most definitely be attending, so I thought what better way to start off the festivities than with my 1954 German Green Velour. Complete with authentic horsehair pin (Thanks, Mike!).

germanhat1.jpg

germanhat3.jpg

germanhat2.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
monk, i think he looks good on you, I like that Stingy Dobbs on you!

Eric, this is a stunning Flagship, wonderful!

Josh, holladio, good to hear that gives a german fest in chicago! I wish you much fun!
oh and that stunning german Velour is the right Hat for that fest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe