Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is a fantastic lid!

Beautifully pinched too.

Thanks for the comments on my old nutria western. Felt great to have it out on a cool dry day.

Say hello to her for me, Alan. Last time I saw her was at the Uffizi. :)

I hope you can say hello yourself Randall. Starts about 3:00 your time on Tuesday, if you can find a clear spot. There should be a lot of places to get a view through a solar telescope and it will be all over the news the day or so before. Doesn't happen again for 105 years.

cheers,
Alan

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, very nice brown color for the Whippet and nice photos.

Alan, that Western Nutria looks very good on you and welcome back!

B.J, looks good. The CD's are great Hats.

Steve, looks fantastic, shape and color are perfect. Great Hat the Weilheim Hückel.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Brent Black Panama this fine morning.

smugshot2276267-L.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
So many great straws. Wore both my Campdrafts today, but here’s me in the 2 3/16 brim Glen Gray. I figured I shouldn’t waste the Nostalgia’s nice moderately wide ribbon on a beater hat, so I took it off and with a little assist from the hatshaper, stretched it out and sewed it on the Campdraft. I preferred the navy ribbon’s color to black, but black is OK too.

5302012DSCF0107.jpg

A day late, but I really like what you have done with your Campdrafts. I love mine, but do wish the brim was a little narrower.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning folks. Back from watching our local owl this morning. The bird was undisturbed eating it's breakfast as I gazed from under the cover of the cedars.

hat-M.jpg

Covered with a Lee Adventurer in buckskin.

Eric -

Thanks Perry. I did some pre-summer shaping of my straw hats over the holiday weekend. This one had a very swoopy brim flange which I straightened in the front. I look forward to wearing it more this summer.

So many great straws. Wore both my Campdrafts today, but here’s me in the 2 3/16 brim Glen Gray. I figured I shouldn’t waste the Nostalgia’s nice moderately wide ribbon on a beater hat, so I took it off and with a little assist from the hatshaper, stretched it out and sewed it on the Campdraft. I preferred the navy ribbon’s color to black, but black is OK too.

5302012DSCF0107.jpg

looks pretty good.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon I recieved the Ecuadorian Panama Hat Co. milan I picked up from RLF. This is the first real milan I have handled. Quite a fine hat. I will work a bit on the hat and post up more info as I get wearing the hat. I am a hat wearer. I will baby the hat as it gets worn.

I would like to share a pic of the hat. I took a pic with it's distant cousin 2nd removed, worn by Alan on the computer screen behind the milan.

IMG1482-L.jpg

I look forward to getting to know about summer hats. I know almost nothing about panama, straws or milans. That makes me anxious to stay a learning adult.

Finally got a milan hat for warmer weather, Eric -

BTW: The hat arrived packaged the BEST of any hat I have recieved. While custom hats arrive in a custom box in a pre-prepared container, this hat was superiorly packaged by RLK. The care in packaging can not be complimented enough. Cheers sir! The best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe