Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Fed IV Deluxe today. I'm in the queue to have a custom VS chocolate brown Indy-style hat made. I'm so torn because this Fed IV looks so good but I can only imagine that what Art would create would be superior in every way. Plus it would fit! What do you guys think? Does anyone here have a chocolate brown VS that you could post pics of?
Photo281.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Orange,

Keep wearing that hat. The size will "grow" on you, trust me. I now find a short crown brim hat looks abnormal on me, and I ain't a very big guy either. Plus although the OR has a western appearance, I think it goes anywhere, it's not like you're wearing a huge sombrero in downtown Cleveland. I think it looks great, especially with the beard.

By the way, I'm just south of you in the Canton/Akron area. I wear my ORs a lot!

Since the OR arrived a few weeks ago, other than a cap when it's really windy, this is the only fedora I've worn. I'm wearing it everywhere, because it can transition from very informal to formal quite easily. The 3X beaver fur is very light-weight - similar to the weight of my Akubra Stylemaster. If this were a heavy hat, it might be uncomfortable. As it is, it's the most comfortable fedora I own, at present.

Do you find many guys wearing fedoras in Akron/Canton? Here it's mostly baseball caps, a few wool fedoras (typically Outback style), flat caps but rarely newsboys. We have a hat store in town, Mike the Hatter, so I thought there might be more fedoras worn. But no. I'm always the only guy on the train wearing a fur fedora.

I do see some fedoras, but few and far between. Like you, mostly ball caps, although an occasional cowboy hat, there are a lot of farms and horse stables down this way. My wife and I visit Boston frequently and even for a large city I don't see that many fedoras out there. I don't care, I keep wearing mine anyway, and occasionally get nice comments.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I do see some fedoras, but few and far between. Like you, mostly ball caps, although an occasional cowboy hat, there are a lot of farms and horse stables down this way. My wife and I visit Boston frequently and even for a large city I don't see that many fedoras out there. I don't care, I keep wearing mine anyway, and occasionally get nice comments.
+1 It's about the same down here in Orlando. I like your lid today BTW Perry. I wish I could see it a little better ;)

Orangegrad

Practically Family

I grew up South of Boston (next town over from where the Patriots play). If I could live anywhere I want, it would be on the Cape.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
This is a great photo.
The OR looks super on you!!!
Thank you, sir. If only I could be out West, in CO or NM again, wearing the combo!

No pics yet, but I'm wearing my new-to-me charcoal gray Borsalino "Savoy" with a 2 3/8" brim. It looks rather like the hat Mattface wears in his avatar, except dark gray instead of dark brown. Now that I have a range of hats, I'm thinking I may sport the ORs mostly on weekends, the dressier hats I'll wear to my office.

Shohei

Familiar Face
Jbucklin, That is technically you asking, no - begging me to help you out by securing myself chocolate brown VS, right?! Do you think that would fly @ home, more importantly you must back me up on this latter :)

Nice and clear Hato, beauty.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Jbucklin, That is technically you asking, no - begging me to help you out by securing myself chocolate brown VS, right?! Do you think that would fly @ home, more importantly you must back me up on this latter :)

Nice and clear Hato, beauty.

Basically, yeah![huh] Maybe I need to see a shrink!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe