Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Randall: Merci mille fois, my friend!

Kirk: I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you!

Alan: Thanks, and I meant to congratulate you on your exhibition. Those images of yours are other worldly, and I am disappointed to have missed attending the event. The thin ribbon is a godchild of yours of sorts, my Barbisio "Lugano", of course!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
John, what a great Hat, I envy.

Jeff, your Western Styl fits you as good as the other Styls you presented. Great Photos.

Jimmy, your Ice Borso, what can I say, absolute beautiful.

Dirk, an other beautiful Hat for your growing collection. Congrats.

David, thats new for me, you in a Derby Hat. But I hope, I see you often more in that. Fits you well.

clossonrr, great Indi Hat and family shot.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, my friend. I see your excellent photographs, what wonderful excursion and I have feel, I stand near you.
You visit so much, your travel around the cities, your Photos shows, a lot of joy of living. I can feel the American way of live. Your Hats you show us, outstanding. You spend a lot of time, to share this great photos with us. My sincere thanks, Al
I look really on the next travel.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Today, I'm wearing my mid-night blue VS:
IMG_9432.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
J1 - I really like your Midnight VS.

Mike - 2 very nice hats.

Windy as heck in NH today so I'm going with my Old Codger cap from Bob at Black Sheep.

smugshot4114910-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
My 3X Open Road. Love the hat, but still not sure I like how tall the crown is. I tried lowering the crown, but it didn't look at all good that way.

Strange weather here in Cleveland: 52 degrees yesterday, snow today.

DSCN1147-1.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, the tall crown looks good on you. And, the height of the crown is proportional to the width of the brim.

You're right. When I lowered the crown, the proportions were all wrong. No one has laughed at me yet when I've worn it (or they've laughed only behind my back, which is fine). Still, there aren't a whole lot of people in the Cleveland area who wear hats even remotely western. I guess I'm a trend setter here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Nice hats Mike. I especially like that Borso. Does it have a twin? ;)
Thanks. It does have a twin. I just don't own it. I tried to bid on it a couple weeks ago... This one is a little loose on me at 7 1/2. The original ebay ad said it was 23 inches so I thought it would be a great fit, bit it's a full 7 1/2 size.

My 3X Open Road. Love the hat, but still not sure I like how tall the crown is. I tried lowering the crown, but it didn't look at all good that way.

Strange weather here in Cleveland: 52 degrees yesterday, snow today.
That hat looks great on you.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the all too kind remarks, everyone!

David-- Let's see a head-on (no pun intended!) shot of that bowler. You can definitely give me a run for my money. Nice cap this morning, too, even if you don't look all that thrilled about the wind!

Dirk- that black hat is awesome.

Perry- that blue ambassador will take you places, for sure!

Rodkins, of the two I really like that C&K! You really pull off the whip-stitching.

... and it came from a smoke-free home, too. :behindsofa:
touche! :fencing:
This hat hadn't been kept in a smoke-free home before I got it, but I assure you the smoke (rather infrequent in the first place) stays outside or in the garage! :) The lids aren't stored anywhere near it!

Orange,

Keep wearing that hat. The size will "grow" on you, trust me. I now find a short crown brim hat looks abnormal on me, and I ain't a very big guy either. Plus although the OR has a western appearance, I think it goes anywhere, it's not like you're wearing a huge sombrero in downtown Cleveland. I think it looks great, especially with the beard.

By the way, I'm just south of you in the Canton/Akron area. I wear my ORs a lot!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
This is one of my favorite montages of yours, Al! The photos simply and vividly create an entire pictorial experience. I, too, almost feel like I'm there. How do you take such amazing photographs of food !? I can almost taste it, but alas, I can't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe