Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Despite my candidates rather poor showing (1 vote was his total) in the NH primary, life goes on.

7XCB today

smugshot150104-L.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I like that Dobbs Twenty on you! Nice lids for sure, guys.
Last night I wore my Knox Westlite
57f5ec64.jpg

This morning my VS Pecan Artlite
ccc68f55.jpg

It was very early and I was just coming to...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Today I'm sporting my new-to-me Royal De Luxe Stetson Open Road, courtesy of frussell. These are his pics:

FR_RD-OR_05.jpg

FR_RD-OR_04.jpg

It's quite light and seems fragile, but I'm sure, after 50-plus years, it's tougher than I am.

Originally I planned a center dent and long side dents. However, the malleable felt insisted on the C-crown route, so it looks like the pics above, and I'm working on a bit more swoop to the brim. Though it's an LO, it fits my size 7 head well with a bit of padding. Somehow it suggested I wear a leather bomber jacket today. . . .

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It is -- thank you! And it has a history with the Fedora Lounge. Apparently, some time ago, it belonged to member Joshbru3, who sold it to Frank for his wife to wear. Mrs. Frank already had a favorite hat, so he sold it to me for a very reasonable price, in return for my putting him on to those two size 6 1/2 Stratoliners I found last month.

(When you begin to think "I'm beginning to think I have too many hats" would make a good signature line on FL, you probably do have too many hats. . . . )

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We brought it along side the boat and then cut the leader near the fish.

Hi, Shark is great food, but unfortunately a lot of fishermen only take the fin for shark fin soup and dump the rest. Shark has more of a beef type texture than most fish. I grilled my own years ago and it's good. If I get to move to either Seattle or Alabama, I'll eat it more. Kansas just doesn't have good seafood (wonder why? [huh])

Later

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thin ribbon day. My thinner ribbon is unplanned.

I am just getting back from the gym. I wore my Lee Adventure gray hat this morning. Minnesota is expecting snow today as the temps are dropping. My head needed a warmer cover. I offer this pic of my hat;

IMG0213-M.jpg

The Lee gray is a fine hat. I have a pic of the total hat here on a slate topped table by the door.

IMG0218-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1. Exemplary commencement for a Wednesday!

beautiful 7XCB, naturally.

Shohei-- I agree with the others-- you wear them all well. What a cool grey Royal Stetson. What kind of upright is that behind you? I love the old scroll work.

Perry-- the lesser worn black OR is really sharp, too!

Eric that Lee is fantastic. The more I check out those vintage Lees the more I like them.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just sharks? what about beavers, rabbits, and the elusive nutria? ;) At least Rodkins cut 'im loose.

On the seafood note: I once made the very, very regrettable mistake of ordering lobster in Pierre, capitol city of South Dakota, located just about in the center of the state, miles from... everywhere. I beseech you all not to make the same mistake I did, should you ever visit that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld