Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NRA era Dobbs, a very sweet hat.

18424d70-1-1-1.jpg

Sweet is an understatement man. Boy do I like that hat!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Douglas, you can't imagine how glad I am that you're back.
Thanks much Marc and Aureliano, I've tried to check in, but work has become all consuming.
I do appreciate the sentiment.
Yes it is true Zetwal, rlk never disappoints. But I still love the CC.
Thank you hatophile, it is getting to be tweed time but I can't seem to find any great 3piece tweeds that I am happy with in color or pattern. I love to wear tweeds but if it doesn't fit right or has an odd cut (like the one I 'm wearing) it just becomes annoying.

Big_e

Practically Family
Stetson Sovereign with mod brim. I really like Sovereigns. I bought this hat from a FL member about a year ago and it's the hat I grab the most as I head out.
Ernest

me-2.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great hats today, gents!

zetwal -- that Dobbs is gorgeous

SBG -- that Lee is a great looking lid, and in fabulous condition, no less!

Douglas -- :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Not new David. I had Art make it right before FedoraFest 2 in Monteagle, TN but airlines were charging for additional baggage by then so it didn't ship until afterwards.
Thanks. It is an ArtLite, Pecan with 2 3/4 inch bound brim, matching Playboy style ribbon treatment = all modeled after the Stetson Wanderer pictured in my avatar.

Art did a great job, that's for sure.

Do you have a vintage Wanderer as well? I've had an eBay search set for as long as I remember, but never seen an actual hat - just the ad in your avatar appears from time to time. I like the idea of a Playboy style hat with bound brim.

Zetwal, I don't think I've seen a rollable Dobbs hat before. Very cool.

That Lee is very nice, Eric!

Douglas - looking good today!

Robert - yes, slightly challenged in the brim area!

Big_e - is it getting cold out your way?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank You

Thanks for all the kind comments, gents, I appreciate them.

Josh: Thank you, my friend. I LOVE this Mallory Ten. The felt color is a vibrant blue-grey with pronounced violet undertone, and it has a luster, almost like a semi-satin finish, especially evident at the top of the crown. I have another Ten with similar, well executed brim over-welt contrast stitching.

Ale: Thanks. The brim edge is definitely not a Wafer Edge. No stitching present at all. It is also not a felted-in edge like a Cavanagh or Mode Edge. Although it is not identified on the sweatband as such, the edge treatment is identical to the Stetson Selv Edge in that the edge of the brim is folded over unto itself and bonded with ?adhesive.

David: Appreciate it. I think there is no doubt that Avorio is one of Borsalino's most popular and enduring colors, especially for the thin-ribbon Alessandrias.

Alan: Thanks. I am overjoyed with my good hat fortunes of late. There is something special about finding these vintage hats from the woodwork and giving them another life of appreciative use.

Perry: Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe