Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
That's a gorgeous hat and an even prettier girl you've got there! Make sure to cherish them both.
I'll be sure to. Thanks, DIb.
And delectans, wonderful photos. Loved the shot of your violin and hat. I'm in my high school orchestra and play the violin. I'll have to make sure to get pictures of our trip this year. Great stuff.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeez Al

When do you have time to work and practice your Violin? When I was in High School, I played (trumpet) about an hour or longer a day. I busted my lip in March before college and haven't played since though.

My old high school now has fewer students than we used to have in band.

Later

Happy Equinox

equinox.jpg

There are two days a year I might catch this double blinding sight. On the first day of spring and fall, whether heading east or west on my street, the sun is in my eyes… to the east, the real thing at the horizon, and to the west, reflected in the storefront windows on Elmwood Avenue. Got to love the infernal equinox. This was spring a couple of years back. The autumnal equinox today is masked by clouds.

Welcome, fall felt season!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Homberg morning

Good day folks. This morning I headed out on the dog walk wearing my Homberg. Midnight navy ink color with rich burgandy ribbon and trim.

Photo-on-2011-09-23-at-0924-2-M.jpg

IMG7830-M.jpg

Feeling good with my homberg, jeans and casual attire.

Eric -

T Rick

Practically Family
I see I've missed much in this past week in this, one of my two favorite threads on TFL. Great hats all, some real stunners! Spent the week recovering from the road trip (bit of sleep deprivation) and getting settled into the temporary new digs.

For the 22 hour drive to Florida, I could think of nothing other than "The Open Road" (my "new to me", 50's Green one!) as a fitting lid to wear. Here I am (looking a bit worse for wear), somewhere along I-75 at a fuel stop (Tennessee, Georgia, I can't recall), after having driven through the night, napping just a bit on one stop enroute.

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

First evening in town (Monday) after Sunday arrival, off to feel my way around the area a bit, and shop for provisions. Chose the Playboy, nice light felt for the warm humid weather (a light breeze made it quite comfortable actually). Standing in front of the house where I'll be staying while in town. Please excuse the cell phone pics, I'll try to resort to a more "proper' camera now that I'm settled.

:amen: , from another amateur musician.

Looks like the guitarists rule the roost here! There is also our resident Principle Oboe, Jeff, aka bowlerman, and acoustic blues guitarist Eric, aka SBG, who posted above.

Well, another amateur guitarist here, I'll add my name to that list. WRT your violin playing, obviously it's of a very serious nature with you, what an honor to have been invited/allowed to sit in with a Professional Orchestra! No doubt a highlight for you, no wonder you are glowing in the photos.

I love music of all types, but my favorite genre is also Blues (Delta to Modern) and Rock/Classic Rock (particularly that derived from/oriented to the Blues). The trip down here had me making space for a Stratocaster and a Les Paul (along with a small amp and pedal board). Wish I could have brought the Martin or the 1935 National Duloian, but with the expected travel, could not risk the exposure they might face due to extended time inside an automobile in the Florida heat.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Thanks once again for your kind comments, I really appreciate them. I am glad you appreciate the iconic cubes of Orchestra Hall as much as I do. They are not only a delightful visual presence, but are an integral part of famed acoustician Cyril M. Harris's masterful design for our fabulous Orchestra Hall, widely regarded as one of the world's greatest halls, sonically speaking.

Just love your Equinox photo set!

Perry: Thank you, it was an indescribably wonderful time!

DavidJ: Many thanks for your kind words. Great to see another violinist around, and I look forward to more photos of you in action here on this thread.

1961MJS: You should seriously consider picking up your trumpet again. No doubt you will derive tremendous satisfaction and joy from playing it, and it is never too late to go back!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
If you close one eye it doesn't look half bad. And if you close both eyes and just feel it... it looks great! Thanks Al.

David, you have a beautiful crease on that Strat... nicely done!

Thanks Alan, this Stratoliner still needs a bit more cleaning, but it is coming into it for sure.

That CB Open Road you have today is a fantastic hat.

Eric, I'm generally not a homberg guy, but that one of yours is a special hat. That's the one that is very similar to the hat Delectan's has if I remember correctly.

That is one very nice Squatter!

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
All you musicians...

Actually had this discussion with Josh a few days ago (speaking of you should add him to the list if he hasn't been already), and my entire family is full of musicians. I however only play the radio. I appreciate music though, so I'll tag along as a "toe tapper".

DJH

I'll Lock Up
There are two days a year I might catch this double blinding sight. On the first day of spring and fall, whether heading east or west on my street, the sun is in my eyes… to the east, the real thing at the horizon, and to the west, reflected in the storefront windows on Elmwood Avenue.

Alan, I'm wondering if the Druids (after finishing Stonehenge) crossed the Atlantic in their little coracles and settled in your area.

Have you noticed any big stones along your street, by any chance?

delectans

Call Me a Cab

I dare say, Eric, that you must have been the most dashing gent to have been out walking their dog this fine Autumn morning in Minnesota. Splendid!

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Well, another amateur guitarist here, I'll add my name to that list. WRT your violin playing, obviously it's of a very serious nature with you, what an honor to have been invited/allowed to sit in with a Professional Orchestra! No doubt a highlight for you, no wonder you are glowing in the photos.

Beautiful and fitting pair of Stetsons to take on the road with you, T Rick! Look forward to more photos from your trip. Thank you very much for your kind words, they are deeply appreciated.

Clearly superior felt. Just stunning, Alan!

... Have you noticed any big stones along your street, by any chance?

No signs of Druid culture that I have seen, though we do have a healthy number of Wiccans in the neighborhood and the Buff State students are known to mount ritual displays of bottles on their front porches. I would guess that most of the stoned activity on my street is probably traceable to their belief systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82