Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borsalino Chopper

Dammit, I'm going to wear this lovely soft heather Borso with the awful brim hack job. I sanded the rough edges and flattened the brim flange. Here it is at 6:45am while making my daughter's lunch. It matches my nightshirt. Looking sharp at 7:30 for the ride to school... thankfully everyone still has their eyes half closed.

092211_1.jpg

092211_2.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab

It was an incredible privilege and honor to play alongside the Minnesota Orchestra's estimable Concertmaster, Sarah Kwak, under Sarah Hicks' baton.

Sharing a lighter moment with Sarah.

Discussing the performance with Roger.

While Combination 4 did not specify a hat, I donned my lid after the concert.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al, that have been such a thrill!! I love the photos from the event.
Sarah Hicks is cute too - big change from the days when conductors were formidable old guys!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Great, great shots everybody! Lefty, Alan and Delectans- thank you in particular for your exquisite photos. I get such a sense of the three of you through the photos you share with us all the time. Although I really don't know you at all, I feel like I do.

Thanks for taking the trouble to bring me along on your travels.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Last night on a dreary evening...Mallory
6da1df5e.jpg

This morning...Playboy
bcd895ca.jpg

Sorry about the grainy pics - Looks like I need to get out my real camera.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
David: Thanks! The experience was like an unbelievable and unforgettable dream. Sarah Hicks is definitely not your stereotypical, overbearing and tyranical conductor of a major symphony orchestra!

Brando: My sincere thanks for your kind words! Glad to share some of those meaningful moments of my life with those FL friends who have a common passion. And you are right, of course, I also feel as though I know quite a few fellow loungers as old friends despite never having met them. Such is the power of this medium...

Ale: Thank you, my friend! That evening was the acme of my musical life, to date. I think the complex dynamic between anxiety, fear, excitement and the sheer joy of making music at that level is what gave the experience such an electricity and vitality.

A mutilated, disfigured Borsalino brought back from beyond the brink. If anybody could pull this off, it is you, Alan!

If you close one eye it doesn't look half bad. And if you close both eyes and just feel it... it looks great! Thanks Al.

David, you have a beautiful crease on that Strat... nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82