Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin B

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments on the Marathon, gents. :)

Today, it's a silver blue Stetson 3x Mode Edge thin-ribbon...

3XTR-2a.jpg

Wow. I want it.

You and me both Rodkins. Jimmy, beautiful hat.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of Jimmy's hat, I have never seen a thin ribbon with a felted brim edge. I assume this is a rare combination?

Thanks, gents. This is the only Stetson thin-ribbon Mode Edge that I have ever seen. I think it's fair to say that this is an extremely rare hat, particularly in this condition (which is pristine). As to the existence of other mode edge thin-ribbons out there, regardless of manufacturer, I would defer to the curator of the RLK Hat Museum and Visitor Center...;)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I have a 7X clear beaver that originally came with a thin ribbon, but I swapped it out for a wider one.

Ah, yes. I had forgotten that your 7X Mode Edge was originally a thin-ribbon. That is one extraordinary lid.

Zetwal -- I missed that Resistol the first time around. Very nice!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Perry and Josh! As Delectans reminded me, it is among the treasures to surface from Batavia, NY. (The best one resides on his hat rack!)

lol You are too kind, Alan! My Batavian lid is older, but not necessarily better than the magnificent Mallory that you are sporting today. :yo:

Bring on the colors of Autumn, I can hardly wait to see all of the wonderful photos to come!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Delectans, it's always my great pleasure to discover a new batch of photos from you. I now not only envy your wonderful collection of hats and your skill as a photographer, but I now discover you're a violinist. I've often said to friends that if I could reincarnate myself that it will be as a first-chair violinist for one of the great symphony orchestras. Of course, I'll be so brilliant a violinist that I'll never have to practice or rehearse, but merely show up for performances.

My humble thanks for your very kind words! Are you a violinist as well?

Great hats but not sure they're wearable on a daily basis- at least for me

You may be surprised by how wearable most vintage or new lids can be, on a daily basis. With proper crown, brim, color and clothes selection there is no reason why one could not wear a proper hat every day.

A warm welcome to the lounge! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82