Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Yep. It's serious.
draft_lens11944111module108974261photo_1278373484For_Whom_Dog_Barks.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Nice one, JTopenroad. Looks great on you!

Great coat and lid, Beak! Coat looks like cashmere, and seems to fit you like it was custom tailored.

Delectans -- I think your Whippet and mine may well be twins! Note that the binding on our lids is also the same (and different from the binding in the Bluegrass Whippet ad). Here's an ad for a Stetson Lancer in willow green that seems to match my lid:

1949StetsonLancer-1.jpg

From the photos of your lid, it appears to my eye that "Bluegrass" is a different color. You're in a better position to judge, since you have your own hat right there in front of you. But, I thought I'd throw willow green into the mix for good measure. :)

Incidentally, once upon a time I started a thread called Stetson Shades of Green. Probably could use some updating...;)

Cheers,
JtL

I agree the binding on the Bluegrass ad hat looks different than those on our lids, appearing more bluish-grey, but I think that the felt in the ad is very close to my hat, in hand. However, the Willow Green ad hat looks pretty close as well[huh].

Great reference thread, by the way, and one that definitely should be updated! I wonder whether the two colors were contemporaneous, or could they perhaps be the SAME color, which were simply 'renamed' at various times?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I wonder whether the two colors were contemporaneous, or could they perhaps be the SAME color, which were simply 'renamed' at various times?

I have to chuckle -- there probably aren't a lot of people on the planet right now who are entertaining this particular question. Oh, sure -- it's esoteric. But it's what we do...;)

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
Great coat and lid, Beak! Coat looks like cashmere, and seems to fit you like it was custom tailored.

Thank you! The coat is wool, and while not as soft as my cashmere scarves, it's the softest wool thing I have. It does fit me well I think, so its nice to hear. I posted a "what did I buy" thread in the outerwear forum hoping to learn a little history on the vendor. I put up another picture of the coat there. Is shows the labels, and shows the fabrics texture well.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hey Hatophile, you are on a thin ribbon spree! Not one of them bad! (I like the plaid tie, too :) )
Beak, very classy outfit.
Rodkins, that looks like a nice shade of brown. Sharp crease!
JTOR, great entry for your hat stable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust