Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
They're apt to take over the entire hat. Experts are considering what defines a waffle.
waffle+hat.jpg

Batter up! :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
No syr. Up and over your head, I guess. ;)

But there's no need to doubt yourself. Take solace in the old wisdom: cogito eggo sum - I think waffles exist. -Renee Daycart (Waffle House waitress, Trenton, NJ)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm trying for more, but once you've gone 17th century French philosophy breakfast pun, it's hard to reach much further.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Love JtL's Avenue and Alan's Bantam. Beautiful lids beautifully worn. That's the way to do it, gents.

By the way, who is it that has a Bantam with the red rooster embroidered on the wind cord button?

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
DSCF0067-1.jpg

Resistol 5x B/R New Era Spruce. Photo color is less than accurate. Maybe my best felt feel and a great color.
Tom D.

I like the waffle hat. Don't ask me why. I SAID DON"T ASK! and i mean it.
Tom D.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Alessandria

Another unseasonably warm day here in Minnesota. Knocked about and did some antiquing with my wife in my Borsalino Alessandria, in Avorio.

In front of the First National Bank of Northfield, Minnesota, the bank Jesse James and the Younger Gang attempted to rob in 1876.

Additional photos and hat information in The Borsalino Brotherhood.

Some reenactment photos of the robbery, on the Defeat Of Jesse James Days website.

We had to make our way back home to pick up our son from school, but not before hitting one more antique shop, in our town, where I found these two hat boxes, unfortunately without their hats:

$8

$12

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat sir. Is it still a bank?
Tom D.

Thanks, Tom. The First National Bank Of Northfield is still in business, but have relocated down the street. The original site of the bank, which I am standing in front of, now houses the Museum Of The Northfield Historical Society.

Nice looking Resistol, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael