Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty M.

Vendor
Close but....

RBH said:
Mingo I like that ribbon width with the bound edge!

Nice stingy Marty, you and Bolt wear them well!

Actually, that's Bama wearing it. He's a lot better looking them me. Speaking of that, I approve of your new Avatar :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lee New Whirl

DSCN6820.jpg

DSCN6828.jpg

DSCN6824.jpg

DSCN6823.jpg

DSCN6822.jpg

DSCN6821.jpg

DSCN6818.jpg

DSCN6819.jpg

At some point there was more to the brim than it has now.It was cut down.
DSCN6827.jpg

DSCN6830.jpg

All in all a a totally wearable hat.

MKL

A-List Customer
Douglas, nice lookin' hat. How old do you think it is? I know you said new but I take that to mean new to you.

Very nice Stetson Royal too.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
okay what's a mummers parade? nice tie too!:eusa_clap
Thanks...The Mummers' Parade is surely the country's biggest urban festival that no one outside of town gives a wet slap about. Fraternal, historically white-ethnic, workingclass social clubs put on competitive shows every New Year's Day with dancing, music, props and costumes that rival Mardi Gras in sumptuousness. The parade lasts 8 or 9 hours, well past dusk, and the street is packed most of that time.

The tradition of mumming dates from Colonial times and was originally a sort of masked caroling involving begging for drink money. In keeping, South Philly throws an all night party for the marchers afterwards.

The saxophone tie I'm wearing is to mark the primary instrument used in Mummer bands. Despite this they are still called String Bands, as they were when they were all fiddles, banjos and mandolins. Tradition is everything - even group membership is passed down in families.

TimBer

New in Town
Fletch,
Sounds like a great time. Hopefully it is all the sumptousness of mardi gras with a little less debauchery. I have a good friend from Philly that I will have to ask about the Mummers. Thanks for sharing the information.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe