Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
I went out for some dinner and drinks with colleagues - the choice of hat (as much as of tie) was pretty much dictated by the jacket's skinny lapels: one of my rare true stingies, a Triumph, in a velvety black called "gendarme black" (as per the label).

DSC00658b.jpg

Laura appeared from behind the curtains for a spook - she is in very definite pre-Halloween mood... :eek:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That reminds me, what was that hat you had on the other day in the pic by the street. It was black or dark grey and looks awesome.

This hat looks fantastic as well. I really gotta check out the Major's place sometime this year or early next.

That reminds me, what was that hat you had on the other day in the pic by the street. It was black or dark grey and looks awesome.

This hat looks fantastic as well. I really gotta check out the Major's place sometime this year or early next.

That is a black vintage Stetson Open Road with a 3 ply Red ribbon that Major Mike gave me. The sweatband had been replaced by the previous owner, sent it to Art cause it has a VS one in it now. It feels a lot like the 3X OR I used to have felt wise. I do have a black 4X modern OR & this one is much lighter.
Thanks. The FST is natural beaver, dress weight, 2 3/4 brim, matching ribbon 6 ligne binding, 5 3/4 open crown, dark green 9 ligne ribbon.
I'm with you on needing to visit in person Alexander!

Neophyte

I was wondering about it. Hadn't seen a such striking red ribbon on a black hat before, so it stuck in my mind. Thanks for the info, they're all great-looking.

I know, I got excited about the store just from the slide show on the Buckaroo Hatters website. Too bad the "Hat Styles" tab doesn't seem to be working, though...

Last edited:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Bart, that is just a great all around look. If I had any doubts about getting a black cherry you have dispelled them.

Thanks everyone. It's a bold color, but I think it can be worn with alot. I don't try to match a hat to the clothes I'm wearing, I just put on whatever hat I'm in the mood for and I think black cherry works.

Mr. Paladin

Ernest, you look great in the wider brimmed Stetson.
JLee, Feds are very common here but that one suits you very well.
Great black cherry VS Bart. Bringing it to Texas?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Ernest, you look great in the wider brimmed Stetson.
JLee, Feds are very common here but that one suits you very well.
Great black cherry VS Bart. Bringing it to Texas?

Thanks Wade. I think I'm only bringing two if we fly and one will have to be my OR, but I may have to also bring the Black Cherry cause it's a neat color in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82