Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
bolthead said:
Picture450.jpg

Now that is your stingiest lid yet. :D
lol lol lol

Big_e

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
Popped on my favourite stingy, this wonderful offering from Resistol:
100_0307.jpg

Then here's one of a couple flash/lens trial shots :D
100_0366-1.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap All those nice hats!
Ernest

One Too Many
Beautiful Hats

In a little time ´ve could see too many models in our fedora lounge: stetson, habig, mayser, resistol, borsalino, barbisio, selentino, scala, capello, montecristi, beaver brand, lock and co., kangul, cristy and others, only remembered wich I could in this moment, but no doubt, all have beautiful models, every one will want have a hat of every brand, there are fantastic collections, happy owners¡¡¡ .... ¡¡¡Congratulations ¡¡¡¡ enjoy it.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Here's a Borsalino XXXXX Leo. It was a mildewy, nasty mess when received, but well worth the hours of work I've put into it, including a re-block and some very careful work to bring the sweatband back. It's now bordering on being a mint-looking hat. It fits perfectly and is some of the nicest felt I've had - very similar to '40s Stetson 3X dress hat felt - soft and floppy. It is a nice taupe color and might be my favorite post-1940 hat ever. I didn't actually wear it today, but took it off the block after drying and bashed it temporarily for this shot:

BorsoLeoMe.jpg

BorsoLeoLinerDtl.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Good for you, Scott! Great job on bringing that one back to life -- and it looks fantastic on your noggin...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Good for you, Scott! Great job on bringing that one back to life -- and it looks fantastic on your noggin...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks Jimmy. I used everything I've learned on this forum to fix this one up: sweatband, ribbon, felt, liner - all a mess. The inspiration for bidding on it was all those fantastic XXXXX Borsos that you and others have posted in the last few months.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
+1. That's a beauty. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid said:

Cheers,
JtL

Nice Borso

Really nice looking hat Scott. I only wish I could find a nice Borso in my big size of 7 3/4.:D

ScottF said:
Here's a Borsalino XXXXX Leo. It was a mildewy, nasty mess when received, but well worth the hours of work I've put into it, including a re-block and some very careful work to bring the sweatband back. It's now bordering on being a mint-looking hat. It fits perfectly and is some of the nicest felt I've had - very similar to '40s Stetson 3X dress hat felt - soft and floppy. It is a nice taupe color and might be my favorite post-1940 hat ever. I didn't actually wear it today, but took it off the block after drying and bashed it temporarily for this shot:

BorsoLeoMe.jpg

BorsoLeoLinerDtl.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
ScottF said:
From what you say of it it sounds much like my XXXXX:
100_0327-1.jpg

100_0338.jpg

It has a raw rather than bound edge but the felt feels almost otherworldy. It's a sensual thing to touch and wear :whistling lol lol lol

Chinaski

One Too Many
Douglas And The Playboys

That should be the name of your band, Douglas! You deserve a nod of appreciation for posting those 'boys. I think we're all just used to seeing you in fantastic lids - we've come to expect it! :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
From what you say of it it sounds much like my XXXXX:

It has a raw rather than bound edge but the felt feels almost otherworldy. It's a sensual thing to touch and wear :whistling lol lol lol

They do sound similar - the liner designs, tags, etc., as well as the felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe