Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

ingineer

One Too Many
Chamuco's post in the What hat you wearing thread sent we over the edge, so now there is another Fed IV this time in moonstone added to the waiting list
still couple from OZ
one from Italy
very soon one from Mike at NW , may have some pics of that tommorow.
Chamuco , you d3vil took me a while to understand the meaning

Just got an email from Jeff at DelMonico. Stetson's making a Premier felt run in Light Grey, and my hat is getting priority due to my long wait time. He's guessing mid-September.

Wait, he didn't say 2015!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just got an email from Jeff at DelMonico. Stetson's making a Premier felt run in Light Grey, and my hat is getting priority due to my long wait time. He's guessing mid-September.

Wait, he didn't say 2015!

so I should expect my Excellent Strat around Jan.

Ernest answers like 1 of 5 emails

so I should expect my Excellent Strat around Jan.

Ernest answers like 1 of 5 emails

Depends . If they're making felt runs now, they might get yours in the queue. I made the mistake of ordering a non-popular color in a hat they likely make limited quantities of at the beginning of straw season.

ingineer

One Too Many
this is amazing
"Your hat, Federation IV in Moonstone size 61, has left today via Air Mail as requested."
Hats direct
i'm so used to the 3 month wait

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Depends . If they're making felt runs now, they might get yours in the queue. I made the mistake of ordering a non-popular color in a hat they likely make limited quantities of at the beginning of straw season.

got an email from Ernest 3 hours ago saying my hat is there is shipping tomorrow .... someone must be watching this thread

but get this

I ordered a 7 /14 and he says he is shipping a 7 3/8 .....

the subject of the email is Excellent Strat sage 7 1/4 ... and I ordered a 7 1/4 ... why would you ship a 7 3/8 ???

my reply was what you think it would be

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Maybe they are running small...? Try your shrinking technique...? Just being a dick! I feel for you. That sucks! What are you gonna do abt it...? I'm a 7 and 1/4 some 7 and 3/8 fit but a little loose at first and then tighten up... are you gonna give it a try?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks like my new Panama line-up. A new natural Panama and a Capas Bogart in Toast. I personally like the one-two combination. Those look very nice.

Thanks.
I'd be surprised if they were not from the same maker (Dorfman in some incarnation, I'm sure).
Both are brisa weave cuencas (grade 3/4 with nice finishing) with a back sewn brims, the identical black & gold "genuine Panama" crown top stickers and the ubiquitous "crown pinch protector", and cloth sweats.
I like 'em. Two handsome "go to" Panamas are always welcome , down here where Summer seems endless.
Peeper frogs in the kudzu & humidity enough to eliminate the wrinkles in the nether regions of your' anatomy, eh? ;)

got an email from Ernest 3 hours ago saying my hat is there is shipping tomorrow .... someone must be watching this thread

but get this

I ordered a 7 /14 and he says he is shipping a 7 3/8 .....

the subject of the email is Excellent Strat sage 7 1/4 ... and I ordered a 7 1/4 ... why would you ship a 7 3/8 ???

my reply was what you think it would be

Maybe it's a typo. You should try giving them a ring first thing this AM.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just got off the phone with John Penman ... He was in the car on his way to the post office mailing my hat.
Very excited

Aaaaand ... DelMonico mailed my excellent Strat... Gone be a good week next week

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I own a premier in 7 1/4 that fits beautifully but Ernest is telling me that this particular 3/8 measures a hair under 22 3/4 which is absolutely perfect.... We'll see

But to answer your question ... Yes I ordered 1/4

I own a premier in 7 1/4 that fits beautifully but Ernest is telling me that this particular 3/8 measures a hair under 22 3/4 which is absolutely perfect.... We'll see

But to answer your question ... Yes I ordered 1/4

THX. I'm still stressing about my Stetsonian. Sorry.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got off the phone with John Penman ... He was in the car on his way to the post office mailing my hat.
Very excited

Aaaaand ... DelMonico mailed my excellent Strat... Gone be a good week next week

:)

Oooo you got a Penman, can't wait to see that. He makes a nice lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe