Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You Want For Christmas This Year?

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I want my family to be happy and healthy especially healthy!!! My 3 year old was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia this week and my husband has been suffering from some strange ailment the last 6th months that just seems to get worse and worse. So good health is all I want this year for my family.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I want a job.

Best of luck dear you deserve it. And being taken care of until you find a job :)

Now back to being unreasonable, here is my list:

full custody of my kids
a D1 in my size (yes FlightJacket.com will make one in my size if I send them a jacket of the same size so they know what will fit)
an active noise-cancelling aviation headset
flight time
ground school books
3 more yards of snow leopard flannel (I swear it doesn't exist anymore)
a down payment on a house with a garage and room for a dance floor
a red Aston Martin Vanquish with a good insurance policy
a ticket to the WAI convention in Reno in February (have a place to stay already)
a Zodiac or an RV-9 with hangar space

Unreasonable enough yet?

HepKitty

One Too Many
I want my family to be happy and healthy especially healthy!!! My 3 year old was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia this week and my husband has been suffering from some strange ailment the last 6th months that just seems to get worse and worse. So good health is all I want this year for my family.

Perfect health for us all. Being healthy is so much more fun

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Best of luck dear you deserve it. And being taken care of until you find a job :)

Now back to being unreasonable, here is my list:

full custody of my kids
a D1 in my size (yes FlightJacket.com will make one in my size if I send them a jacket of the same size so they know what will fit)
an active noise-cancelling aviation headset
flight time
ground school books
3 more yards of snow leopard flannel (I swear it doesn't exist anymore)
a down payment on a house with a garage and room for a dance floor
a red Aston Martin Vanquish with a good insurance policy
a ticket to the WAI convention in Reno in February (have a place to stay already)
a Zodiac or an RV-9 with hangar space

Unreasonable enough yet?

Most Unreasonable but I hope you get it all and I also hope the new house doesn't have any annoying neighbors to hang their wash on your clothes line. ;)

HepKitty

One Too Many
Most Unreasonable but I hope you get it all and I also hope the new house doesn't have any annoying neighbors to hang their wash on your clothes line. ;)

And park in my yard. They did again just this morning! Got pictures called the police and had the landlady meet them there

Derek WC

Banned
A nice log home nestled in the western boondocks of Wisconsin.
The year to be 1938.
No chub.
Life's supply of Brylcreem.
1941 Lincoln Continental Convertible.

Pompidou

One Too Many
You're opening a coffee shop Pompidou?

Yep - for three years total, the last two of those years seriously, and one of those realistically. I'm almost there - been batting a business plan back and forth with two different nonprofit lending organizations for about the last year now, ever since I discovered there was no such thing as free, easy money (grants, unsecured business loans, etc). Now, like a few people here, I lost my job as well, six months ago, roughly. Since I'm so close, I've put all my job eggs in that basket (with the consent of the Dept of Labor's unemployment office). It counts as job hunting. I've got about 13 months to get the job done. It'll be the Steampunk Café, a café / live music nightclub hybrid- already official with all appropriate government agencies, so at least I can say the name w/o fear of someone beating me to it. I actually get to try and do taxes (I registered with the IRS), for a company that hasn't made a cent. So yeah, this is my Christmas wish. I want to finally stop being a nobody and do something with myself. Own a business and hire my friends who are un and under employed. It'll be a worker cooperative once I finish - democratically owned and operated - decisions made with various tiers of votes. I like to think making coworkers equally paid and equal in ownership will increase their happiness and pass down to the customers. That and it's new age and good conscience. My Christmas present to the community - a better kind of company where everyone is equal and fully empowered. There's no president. I'll never have a cushy office job - none of us will. Should be interesting. I can continue in PMs but I'd feel bad derailing the thread.

Last edited:

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I gave up wanting for xmas and resorted to accepting. Of course the fact remains that the reason I resorted to accepting was due to the fact that *wanting* is just wishful thinking for me... I have never gotten what my heart truly desired.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I don't want anything...can't think of a thing. So, my presents will come as a complete surprise. :)
X
BD
PS should I have said 'World Peace'? Did I answer the trivia question incorrectly? He he.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Best of luck, Pompidou! Hope it all works out.

Every year I have to buy my own presents months ahead of time and have the kids wrap them for me. Its the only way I'll get anything. In fact, I do the same for my birthday and father's day. In a couple of years when they're adults (teens now), I'll be wrapping my own darn gifts.

Derek WC

Banned
Yeah, good luck Pompidou. If it takes off and I'm ever in the area I'll step in, sounds like it's gonna be a real classy joint.

P.S. I hope the music is 20's jazz. ;)

Last edited:

shopgirl61

A-List Customer

Every year I have to buy my own presents months ahead of time and have the kids wrap them for me. Its the only way I'll get anything. In fact, I do the same for my birthday and father's day. In a couple of years when they're adults (teens now), I'll be wrapping my own darn gifts.

You're kidding right?:eek:

CopperNY

A-List Customer
i want a house full of friends, good drink, good food and happy memories.

i'm fortunate enough to have a warm bed and the luxury of knowing where my next meal is coming from. i don't need people buying me 'stuff'.

that said, my Christmas present to myself was a vintage 12" carbon steel/hand forged Sabatier chef's knife.

HepKitty

One Too Many

yes, good luck Pompidou!

I have to buy my gifts for my kids to give me too but that's ok. Hopefully when your kids are adults they'll have enough sense to do the shopping for you. It may take them a few years though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe