Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What *Could* You Do Without?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
Am I missing something here? Last time I checked a muffin top was the top part of a baked good… is there another type of “Muffin Top”…. I sure hope not.lol

=WR=
*holding tongue in check* Scot...don't even go there!lol

Wild Root

Gone Home
mysterygal said:
another thing I can do without: any kind of bug that bites :mad:

You know what I can do with out... people who complain about things they can't control.... lol lol lol lol Just kidding!!! I'm in a very silly mood today!

Nah, I'm with you 110% on the bug thing!

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Caledonia said:
Once you've tried proper line dried washing you won't go back!
I line-dried all my laundry for 7 years in Santiago, Chile. In the summers, it was fine; winters left me with jeans, sweatshirts and towels that took days to dry and ended up looking and feeling like scratchy cardboard. This was discussed in two bafflingly spirited threads:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=8568&highlight=stiff

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=8574&highlight=stiff

colleency

One of the Regulars
I live next to an international airport. Line drying is not an option.

As of last night, I can do without June bugs, because they keep landing where we're trying to dance. *squish* But I know they're better than the mosquitos that I thought we would have to deal with being outdoors at sunset.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I SEEEEE!!!!!lol lol lol

Yeah, ad "Muffin Tops" to my list of thigns I can do without!!!!!!

Eeeeew!!!!!:p

=WR=

Yep, Wild Root, your first sighting is a bit of a shocker! lol
And I was there for one of those threads on line drying - I maintain my position. :D

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
I could do without people who could do without whatever it is they could do without. I could really do without that. Really. ;)

lol lol lol Marc... very clever! You should write kids books!lol

Caledonia said:
Yep, Wild Root, your first sighting is a bit of a shocker! lol
And I was there for one of those threads on line drying - I maintain my position. :D

Well, it wasn't my first sighting... Oh heaven no! I live in the land of "Muffin Tops".... yeah, just didn't know that's what it was called.

=WR=

Caledonia

Practically Family
:p

And to add to your "orientated" or "incidences;" Mojave - Why is everything now a "Solution"? ie

Sleep Solutions - beds
Domestic water transportation solutions - plumbers
etc

What is that for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

Haversack

One Too Many
Wild Root Wrote: (pardon the alitteration)
"Diesel locomotives? bring back steam!"

Well, several people are doing just that. Modern advances in materials science and systems analysis have convinced several engineers that steam locomotive design did not plataeu in the 1950s. Combine this with the increasing cost of petroleum and steam is beginning to look economically viable in some parts of the world. A Swiss company, DLM, is already building new designs of small steam locomotives for mountain rail lines. There is the South African "Red Devil" - a modernized Class 26 4-8-4 . And there is the 5AT streamliner project being worked on in the UK. Despite being modern, I think the 5AT would pass muster...

http://www.5at.co.uk/

Of course, we'll not likely see them here in the US anytime soon. But places like Australia with little oil but much coal might. (There is a design for a monster 2-14-2+2-14-2 Garratt kicking around down there)

For my own Do Withouts, it would have to be all the children spawned by the growth and spread of freeways: i.e. national chains of food, retail, and service which have not only physically blighted our towns and countryside but also our very perceptions of what food, merchandise, and service are. People who grow up knowing only Tang and oleomargarine think butter and fresh orange juice taste wrong.

Haversack

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Wild Root said:
Well, it wasn't my first sighting... Oh heaven no! I live in the land of "Muffin Tops".... yeah, just didn't know that's what it was called.
"Have you seen the muffin tops?
The muffin tops,
The muffin tops?
Have you seen the muffin tops
That bounce through Monrovia's malls?

Yes I've seen the muffin tops,
The muffin tops,
The muffin tops!
Yes I've seen the muffin tops
That bounce through Monrovia's malls!"

Or something like that.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Thanks for that Marc! Please note the thread "That Tune In Your Head". lol

Would post a link but haven't worked out how. :eek:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I could really do without ...

Words that are used only in advertisements. Real human beings never exclaim, "These barbecued ribs at Coco's are so zesty! What a hearty meal!"

Those men's razor commercials that appear to be selling a Lockheed fighter jet from somewhere within The Matrix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe