Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Burnsie

I go through a lot of Macanudo miniatures - I buy them for a quick smoke and then defeat the purpose by smoking two or three at a time.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
This morning, a Macanudo Maduro Prince Phillip. 7.5 x 49, extra fermented Connecticut broadleaf wrapper, well constructed, smooth for a maduro. I'd say that I've smoked more of these than any other single cigar. When I first started smoking cigars I mostly smoked Onyx 650s, but I soon discovered the Prince Phillip maduros and I stuck with those for a few years. I have a box that I unfortunately allowed to get very dry, and I'm in the process of rehydrating them. I got a bit impatient and had the one this morning, and even though it was still a bit on the dry side it was a great smoke.

indycop said:
Macanudo gold Lord Nelson size was the first real cigar I started smoking, I started with Swisher. :)

And now have repented your evil ways with CAO. :p ;)
Last night was a Flor de Allones. I didn't want to waste a great cigar on my cold ridden taste buds but this was ok. It had construction problems with the cap and the wrapper split but it burned and drew ok. It had the same cap problems as the Punch Puros. Kind of slapped on and folded over without thought. Yeah, I know the cuban tripple cap has ruined me for other cigars. ;)

indycop said:
:D :D :D ;)

That is exactly the way I would describe the cap on the 601! I kept thinking it was the smoothest best constructed cap I have seen.

Yep, a decent cap on a cigar is a work of art. it isn't easy to get them to be nice and smooth much less triple wrapped.
Speaking of something a little less in the cap department, I got my Supervisor Selection Alec Bradleys in. The cap was the problem with the first one I grabbed for a trial smoke. Well, the cap was the first obvious problem. :p
I cut off the lumpy cap and that was that. No problem. It drew well and had as decent a flavor as The Edge that it would have been sold under had it passed inspection. After smoking it for a bit though it became clear that it was a very uneven burned. Even though I rotated it, it got way away from me. I let it go without correction to see just how far it would burn down and leave a finger of wrapper hanging. It hung a 3" ash on the unburned underside of the wrapper before I accidentally knocked it off all over the place. :rolleyes: From there until the end it burned evenly.
I actually enjoyed the cigar though and it was well worth what it cost as a discount cigar. It was fairly complex with even a hit of honey for a short time. It finished well with the woody, earthy flavor. A very mild cigar to my tastes though. Not even a teeny tiny sap from it. ;) :p
Could be my new go to cheap cigar. All the taste without the price. :D

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
NO!???
Never had a 5 Vegas? The maduros are very good! Especially for the price. Great semi-budget brand IMHO

I have a few laying around.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe