Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Eduard

Familiar Face
rmrdaddy said:
The JLP Cazadores are also a solid smoke and can be had for a minimal investment as well.

l totally agree with rmrdaddy! JLP Cazadores and also JLP petit Cazadores are superb value for your money! These are tasty handmade Cubans for little money!!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Eduard said:
Do yourself a favor and try a José L. Piedra Cremas. These are (Tripa Corta) "Totalmente a Mano" in Cuba and are about 1 or 2 US dollar a stick. Tons of classic Cuban flavor at such a low price! No Nicaraguan, Hondurian or Domenican can beat these...
Would those be from the site you mentioned earlier?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Last night at work I had a 601. I don't know anything else about the name other than that. I saw it at my local shop and it had one of those cigar aff. tags that showed it with a decent rating so I got it. The only description I could find on it was it is a medium powerhouse.

It started life as a 7 x 48 churchill, dark but not super dark with no rough veins and the cap was very well constructed. When I first lit it, it took off with one match including toasting the foot. The first half inch to an inch I knew this was stronger than my comfort zone, but the flavor and burn was excellent. A little more and I knew I was in trouble so I slowed it down, waay down, taking almost 2 hours to smoke it. I smoked this one farther than any other cigar I have ever smoked. (see pic) I am not saying it's the best cigar I have ever had and don't even know if I will try it again, it was good but more strong than I normally like. The Brazilia is listed as a fullbody but I would say to me this is much stronger for a supposed medium.
I don't know if it was proper or not but I had to use a toothpick to hold and when it got so short it was trying to burn my lips I would first blow out the heat and then draw it.:rolleyes:

On a side note I had this cigar at work and when I had already removed the band to continue smoking I had a speeder go by at 11 over but did not want to toss it so it was his lucky night. I did pay for my enjoyment afterward when it hit me and I had to sit in the car for a few all green and well you get the idea....:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

601h.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
indycop said:
Last night at work I had a 601. I don't know anything else about the name other than that...[/IMG]
It sounds like what you had was a 601 Serie, a Nicaraguan cigar made by Pepin Garcia for United Tobacco, either a red or a black label, and I'm guessing from your description that it was a black.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Slim Portly said:
It sounds like what you had was a 601 Serie, a Nicaraguan cigar made by Pepin Garcia for United Tobacco, either a red or a black label, and I'm guessing from your description that it was a black.
It was a red label:rolleyes: lol

Slim Portly

One Too Many
indycop said:
It was a red label:rolleyes: lol
Ha! Close, but no... how does that go again? Well then if the red label was such a challenge I guess it's a good thing that it wasn't a black label. Still it sounds like you had an interesting experience with it.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Slim Portly said:
Ha! Close, but no... how does that go again? Well then if the red label was such a challenge I guess it's a good thing that it wasn't a black label. Still it sounds like you had an interesting experience with it.
Definitely should not have taken it down so far!:eusa_doh:

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Right now I am enjoying a Macanudo Café Diplomat, a club-shaped figurado, only 4.5 inches but with a whopping 60 ring. A great smoke, one that I haven't had in too long of a time.

Eduard

Familiar Face
Slim Portly said:

In the Netherlands these are also available as 601 (Oscuro) Green Label... This sure is a very good cigar for a non Cuban :eusa_clap

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Eduard said:
In the Netherlands these are also available as 601 (Oscuro) Green Label...
There are (I believe) four labels of this line. I just meant that from the description of the experience it sounded like either a red or a black.

indycop said:
Last night at work I had a 601. I don't know anything else about the name other than that. I saw it at my local shop and it had one of those cigar aff. tags that showed it with a decent rating so I got it. The only description I could find on it was it is a medium powerhouse.

It started life as a 7 x 48 churchill, dark but not super dark with no rough veins and the cap was very well constructed. When I first lit it, it took off with one match including toasting the foot. The first half inch to an inch I knew this was stronger than my comfort zone, but the flavor and burn was excellent. A little more and I knew I was in trouble so I slowed it down, waay down, taking almost 2 hours to smoke it. I smoked this one farther than any other cigar I have ever smoked. (see pic) I am not saying it's the best cigar I have ever had and don't even know if I will try it again, it was good but more strong than I normally like. The Brazilia is listed as a fullbody but I would say to me this is much stronger for a supposed medium.
I don't know if it was proper or not but I had to use a toothpick to hold and when it got so short it was trying to burn my lips I would first blow out the heat and then draw it.:rolleyes:

On a side note I had this cigar at work and when I had already removed the band to continue smoking I had a speeder go by at 11 over but did not want to toss it so it was his lucky night. I did pay for my enjoyment afterward when it hit me and I had to sit in the car for a few all green and well you get the idea....:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

601h.jpg

Geez, and I thought I smoked cigars down to the nub. You get the prize there Burnt Tongue. ;) :p

Yesterday I had a Monte No. 2. I had to try something. This cold my son gave me a few days ago didn't make it a very flavorful experience though. Kind of muted by stuffiness. I'll try again after this gets over and done with. PU! :rage: I need to go out and buy some Piedras to make me feel better. :D The Cremas are only $57 for a box of 25 but the Conservas are only $4 more. I think I'll try the Conservas. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe