Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Pipes draw the looks

I'm just trying a bit of a generic English mixture that a friend brought me and using it in my smooth finished lumberjack. The tobacco is complex and has a hint of latakia. The lumberjack is a simple and elegant pipe I bought at a tobacconist shop in Winchester for $26 out of a bargin bin.
Whenever I use it in public, I get smiles and nods from the old fellows, and young kids telling me I look like Mr. Holmes. I'll take that as a compliment.

I'm just trying a bit of a generic English mixture that a friend brought me and using it in my smooth finished lumberjack. The tobacco is complex and has a hint of latakia. The lumberjack is a simple and elegant pipe I bought at a tobacconist shop in Winchester for $26 out of a bargin bin.
Whenever I use it in public, I get smiles and nods from the old fellows, and young kids telling me I look like Mr. Holmes. I'll take that as a compliment.

Reminds me of a time I bought straight Perique from a local tobacco shop. Suffice it to say that that stuff should not be smoked straight. I don't like getting stoned from my pipe tobacco. STRONG.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
A good choice though one that not many even try.
I had a Juan Lopez no. 2. Another brand few try but one that is just as good as many other similar choices. Good thing I am mentioning it here so no one will ever know. :p
I find that a lot of smaller Cuban brands got a lot more exposure though the regional series. I do not think I tried Por Laranaga until I came across one of the German regional cigars. Juan Lopes no. 2 was always a solid cigar. Perhaps the fact the duty free shops stick to a few well known brands also contribute to poor exposure of a less known cigars. Last night Montecristo Open Eagle.

Last edited:
I find that a lot of smaller Cuban brands got a lot more exposure though the regional series. I do not think I tried Por Laranaga until I came across one of the German regional cigars. Juan Lopes no. 2 was always a solid cigar. Perhaps the fact the duty free shops stick to a few well known brands also contribute to poor exposure of a less known cigars. Last night Montecristo Open Eagle.

I usually don't buy any of the regional series as they are too much like the original and not superior enough to warrant the extra money.
Por Larranaga was a brand I found on my own. My problem with them is that the montecarlos that I like are 50% plugged every time I buy a box. They aren't a good buy when half of them don't draw. I have since figured a way to open them up but that was fairly recently and not always successful.
The smaller brands are a great deal considering that many of them are rolled and made by the same factories as the larger brands. Let's face it, Altadis owns all of the brands anyway. :p
Oh and last night was a PSD 4.

SvH

New in Town
Reminds me of a time I bought straight Perique from a local tobacco shop. Suffice it to say that that stuff should not be smoked straight. I don't like getting stoned from my pipe tobacco. STRONG.

Straight Perique, wel very strong indeed... It's (as far as i know) indeed not ment to be smoked pure... But for me, i do like some of it in my pipetobacco.

At this moment i'm enjoying Dunhill's Nightcap in a Big Ben Calabash.
And a nice glass of martini.

Straight Perique, wel very strong indeed... It's (as far as i know) indeed not ment to be smoked pure... But for me, i do like some of it in my pipetobacco.

At this moment i'm enjoying Dunhill's Nightcap in a Big Ben Calabash.
And a nice glass of martini.

I don't think it was intended to be smoked straight either. lol lol I didn't know that then though. :doh::wacko:

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Perique? I like it, but just like latakia, I use it as a seasoning, not the main course. A bit too strong for a straight smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe