Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

vonwotan

Practically Family
We were joking about that the other night. Sadly, these days, so much of what was unremarkable when my friends and I were growing up would result in a visit by family services...

Oh well, maybe the pendulum will swing back the other way for the next generation. We can all dream, can't we? [huh]

jamespowers said:
Oh geez, nowadays your father would have been arrested for child abuse. ;) :p

SGB

One of the Regulars
rbbrock said:
Well, it was Saint Luis Rey Serie A last night, and after smoking three of them now I just can't seem to get myself to like them. The flavor seems vague and a little sour. I guess I'll just smoke the couple sticks I have left from the group buy and not get them again.

Do you mean the Serie G? Not Reserva Especiale?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Romeo Y Julietta, couple bucks;
Romeo Y Julietta Reserva Real, $4.50;
Romeo Y Julietta Reserva Real with a nice even burn and long ash while on the clock, Priceless!:D

rj.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic.:eusa_doh:

SGB

One of the Regulars
rbbrock said:
No, I mean Saint Luis Rey Serie A, corona gorda 5 5/8 x 46. (Hint - it was not rolled in Honduras). ;)

OK. I've had one Saint Luis Rey from there, a few years ago and it was excellent. I usually look for them on my annual trip to Jamaica, to no avail. Last year I took a bunch of the old Saint Luis Rey (all Honduran) that haven't been around for about 10 years, as my daily smokes. Luckily I have a few boxes of the old ones, which are a lot better than the current ones.

vonwotan said:
We were joking about that the other night. Sadly, these days, so much of what was unremarkable when my friends and I were growing up would result in a visit by family services...

Oh well, maybe the pendulum will swing back the other way for the next generation. We can all dream, can't we? [huh]

Seeing as how we are in charge of the next generation as parents, we can make it change child by child until it all changes. Our influence is greater than some think. ;) :p

indycop said:
Well maybe mine was cursed cos my zippo gave out when I was toasting it, had to go find some matches. Did you get the Habano or Cameroon?

All three varieties. I just put them in the humidors last night. No time for trying one---darned it. :eusa_doh: ;)
Oh and you used a zippo!? That could be the problem right there unless it was a butane one---even though I really don't like using them either.
I waste three matches warming my cigars. One for the initial charring, one for the draw and one after to make sure the the burn starts even. Then again, my friends think I am rather compulsive about lighting my cigars. [huh] :p

rbbrock

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Ah yes, that one. Try the Diplomaticos instead. I think they might be a better smoke for you. ;) :cool2:

Thanks, I will try to fit some in with my next purchase, as soon as I make a little room. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
All three varieties. I just put them in the humidors last night. No time for trying one---darned it. :eusa_doh: ;)
Oh and you used a zippo!? That could be the problem right there unless it was a butane one---even though I really don't like using them either.
I waste three matches warming my cigars. One for the initial charring, one for the draw and one after to make sure the the burn starts even. Then again, my friends think I am rather compulsive about lighting my cigars. [huh] :p
I don't know if it's the fluid or what but I never get any ill effects from my zippo, I use up a lot of fluid though cos I do toast the foot and keep the flame off of it. I have used cheapo lighters and had a bad effect though. But on the NUB I ended up using 3 matches since my lighter died.
And the Oliva Series G was the same length and great.

indycop said:
I don't know if it's the fluid or what but I never get any ill effects from my zippo, I use up a lot of fluid though cos I do toast the foot and keep the flame off of it. I have used cheapo lighters and had a bad effect though. But on the NUB I ended up using 3 matches since my lighter died.
And the Oliva Series G was the same length and great.

Ok, the three matches thing puts an end to that then. The three I got were Connecticut, Habano and Cameroon. I guess I'll try the Cameroon last. ;)
Interesting that the Oliva was great and the other wasn't considering they are both made by Oliva. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe