Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

shopkin

Familiar Face
Agreed. One small problem with soft caps is that many cannot be seated on the head with one hand like you can with a felt hat.

quikrick

One Too Many
IMG_2885.JPEG
IMG_2889.JPEG
IMG_2888.JPEG

Well Dressed Head...
That weird reflection from something shiny above/behind me... Aliens warming up the abductionator?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Will do! Is it a heavy fabric or does it wear well in the heat?

It is a fabric that is stiff enough to hold its shape. I do not think it is a dynamite "warm" weather cap. The Wabash fabric is not a big breathing fabric in my experience. My Wabash caps are comfortable to wear it in 70''f and below. I asked for the caps to have side dimensions (rise up in side and rear). My caps have some liner material to assist. This takes away from "warm" weather wear.

Eric -

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
It is a fabric that is stiff enough to hold its shape. I do not think it is a dynamite "warm" weather cap. The Wabash fabric is not a big breathing fabric in my experience. My Wabash caps are comfortable to wear it in 70''f and below. I asked for the caps to have side dimensions (rise up in side and rear). My caps have some liner material to assist. This takes away from "warm" weather wear.

Eric -
Thank you for info, definitely going to keep that in mind! I’ve been looking for a good workwear cap for when my wife and I go out on day hikes and camping trips (big national park junkies) so I was thinking about a Wabash fabric…also looking heavily at a straight forward denim like what Monsivais & Co offer. They tend to fit me a little loose though but that’s pretty easy to fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delrey486