Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Vic

One of the Regulars
flat-top said:
IMG_3824.jpg

LVC double V sweatshirt
1940's (?) Lee denim work pants
No name herringbone newsboy

Now this is cool...

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
A lot of my inspiration comes from five loungers who frequently post on this thread. A couple of weeks ago it was Yeps. I meant to upload this picture earlier but my internet wasn't strong enough. I wasn't going anywhere particularly other than a rather good local pub.
172122.jpg

It was also a very cold, windy and rainy so I seized the opportunity to wear my trench coat for the first time in several weeks.
172628.jpg

-jacket to a 60s suit
-50s waistcoat
-70s/80s shirt
-unknown age cravat

This picture comes from Thursday a week and a half ago. I was attending a photoshoot for a goth event (hence the picture quality being better than my usual webcam photos).
61266_431756569830_531509830_4744137_2094345_n.jpg

-50s Resistol homburg
-late 50s Burton dinner jacket
-30s waistcoat
-vintage wool cape, I'm not sure of the age but it's definitely pre-1940s
-modern shirt and bow tie

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Here's another full length picture taken at the goth event.
gothnight-36.jpg

I'm not sure if it shows up but I'll confess anyway to wearing brogues instead of oxfords. Whilst I did recently buy a discounted pair of leather soled oxfords I lack sufficient funds to have a cobbler put rubber sole grips on, and I didn't want to wear out the soles walking through town.

Edward

Bartender
avedwards said:
Here's another full length picture taken at the goth event.
gothnight-36.jpg

I'm not sure if it shows up but I'll confess anyway to wearing brogues instead of oxfords. Whilst I did recently buy a discounted pair of leather soled oxfords I lack sufficient funds to have a cobbler put rubber sole grips on, and I didn't want to wear out the soles walking through town.

Nothing to worry about. What I've always done with leather soles is wear 'em until the heel needs done, and when the first reheeling is done I then also have a rubber sole grip added. Never had a wear problem with that.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Edward, I always like your outfits, but you have a real knack for finding cool architectural details in your pics too...that last doorway you were standing in is astounding...shame that the ADT box is so prominently displayed.

Torpedo

One Too Many

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Nothing to worry about. What I've always done with leather soles is wear 'em until the heel needs done, and when the first reheeling is done I then also have a rubber sole grip added. Never had a wear problem with that.
I agree that that's possible but I find that if a rubber sole grip is added beforehand the soles last longer until they have to be resoled, especially in wet weather. Also, I find the shoes are far too slippery without the sole grips if one has to walk considerable distance in them.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
awesome

Gijoe said:
Saturday, a vintage inspired group trip in the mountains.
- Zasu Montain Cap
- Pendleton Shirt
- Lofgreen Hunting Vest
- Tweed Plus Fours
- US Army Makinaw Coat

More pisc here :
http://picasaweb.google.com/VEREINBRO/1892010WanderungIn30erGewandung?feat=directlink

Great photos. What kind of cap is the gentleman wearing in the middle of the three of you when you are looking at the mountains and the clouds? It seems to be some sort of flat cap, but it looks really, really, really, really, really, cool.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
SlyGI said:
Great photos. What kind of cap is the gentleman wearing in the middle of the three of you when you are looking at the mountains and the clouds? It seems to be some sort of flat cap, but it looks really, really, really, really, really, cool.
Thanks !
The Gentleman wear a wool 8 planel Gatsby. A very nice cap. I must ask him about the seller .

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Gijoe said:
Saturday, a vintage inspired group trip in the mountains.
- Zasu Montain Cap
- Pendleton Shirt
- Lofgreen Hunting Vest
- Tweed Plus Fours
- US Army Makinaw Coat

Those are come great looks you guys have going on there, and again most useful.:eusa_clap The one friend of yours in the middle there has some interesting plus fours with cargo pockets. Any idea on the make?

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe