Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

JennyLou

Practically Family
Oh Darhling, you always looks so wonderful and I'm so glad you take the time to share your style with us. I can't wait to see a picture of you in that blue dress, it's so beautiful.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
This little story goes to show how the young can effect the older!

I have been dressing vintagey for about 3 years I think? And my dad, who is in his mid sixties, told me the other day that I had inspired him to dress a bit more sharply and apparently went out and bought a few borsalino hats that will go well with his nice overcoats and a nice scarf! I am so thrilled!

Anyway, I wish I had pictures of his 'new' look to post here, to show how handsome he looks.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
The sheer blouse look is pretty, but it would need a cami or tank style top underneath it. You can go with a nude colour cami to keep up the sheer illusion, or go for a bright colour that will pop through the sheerness. Pair it up with a nice blazer for a conservative yet flirty look. A nice sliky cami that skims the body means that this blouse can be worn by us less than toned ladies out there.

You might see this look in the picture (sheer blouse with just a bra under it) on a early 20-something club hopper on a Saturday night. Any other context and it is just slutty looking.

One should be careful about getting something like this for someone else. My husband went through a phase years ago of getting me things he thought were hot. Problem was, they didn't match my style or personality at all. For the most part, they didn't get worn. If your lady love is fond of the very feminine, ruffles, bows, etc. then she may like it. Many women I know would consider it just too frou-frou.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
My fencing outfit!! Picture from the New Sheridan Club photostream

I love this picture.. I actually think it is the beginning of a lunge there!!

foil2.jpg

Darhlling, can I enumerate the various ways in which you are hot in this pic?
That top does marvelous things for your *assests*. Hair is fab. The glasses just perched and sniffter in your hand say, "Well, lets give this silly little fencing thing a go, shall we?" Plus two fencing ladies helping each other out.
Yes, female, hetero me thinks this picture needs a fire extinguisher nearby.

RobStC

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Mr. K. A. O'Hara and I must have been of the same stature as this bespoke vintage blazer from a Japanese tailor fits as though it were "Specially Made for" me. :)
DSC_0013.jpg

Very nice and gently/tastefully 'striking' outfit, HPG, that really works well with your general persona. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Good stuff!

Rob St.C

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darhling said:
This little story goes to show how the young can effect the older!

I have been dressing vintagey for about 3 years I think? And my dad, who is in his mid sixties, told me the other day that I had inspired him to dress a bit more sharply and apparently went out and bought a few borsalino hats that will go well with his nice overcoats and a nice scarf! I am so thrilled!

Anyway, I wish I had pictures of his 'new' look to post here, to show how handsome he looks.

Good job, Dahrling. I've influenced my father also, but not in the realm of personal visual aesthetics. More in politics and religion. Let's see pics when you can.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jsands said:
That dress IS gorgeous. Did you purchase it on ebay? I remember, vaguely, seeing it (or one like it) before...

Yes on ebay! It should be easy to find (it's a UK seller). Let me know if you need the sellers name, it can be made to measure too.

JennyLou, thank you sweetheart, you are always so kind!

Binkie - To each their own, people will think of me what they want. But please do not compare the fine weapon of the foil to a gun, nor a glass of sauvignon blanc to a can of .."bud"! That, sir, is a crime!

Doran - It is a great feeling! My parents still live in Denmark, but I do hope they will come back to London soon and he will bring his new hats. Me on his arm will make a great picture for a frame I think.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
kymeratale said:
Darhlling, can I enumerate the various ways in which you are hot in this pic?
That top does marvelous things for your *assests*. Hair is fab. The glasses just perched and sniffter in your hand say, "Well, lets give this silly little fencing thing a go, shall we?" Plus two fencing ladies helping each other out.
Yes, female, hetero me thinks this picture needs a fire extinguisher nearby.

That was exactly how I felt! And yes, there was an entire fire brigade waiting just behind the photographer ;)

Dahrling, you are just a doll - and a card! I'm drinking some ice water right now to cool off :)

Here's little me at my Library job today. No glasses, though. Ralph Lauren silk shirt with ruffles and puff sleeves, rayon gabardine skirt I made from 1940's pattern, late 30's / early 40's mesh and leather peeptoe oxfords and modern stockings, because I don't want to ruin my vintage ones at work. Oh, and my favorite vintage watch so I can give people the 15 minute warning for computers!

atthelibrary.jpg

Yep, I sure do *not* fit in in this town, but I like it that way :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Hamilton_Honey said:
Dahrling, you are just a doll - and a card! I'm drinking some ice water right now to cool off :)

Here's little me at my Library job today. No glasses, though. Ralph Lauren silk shirt with ruffles and puff sleeves, rayon gabardine skirt I made from 1940's pattern, late 30's / early 40's mesh and leather peeptoe oxfords and modern stockings, because I don't want to ruin my vintage ones at work. Oh, and my favorite vintage watch so I can give people the 15 minute warning for computers!

atthelibrary.jpg

Yep, I sure do *not* fit in in this town, but I like it that way :D

I think you look fantastic and trés chic! Your looks so cute too, do you curl it or is it naturally that way?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Had this suit for 2 years, wore it for the first time today. A lot of positive comments about it!

Originally from "Frankel's" in Des Moines, Iowa. Early '40s.

me134.jpg

me131.jpg

me135.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads