Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
get_atomized said:
newwig117sm.jpg
newwig095sm-1.jpg

I don't usually smile with my teeth, but these sunglasses make me laugh. Even I think they are a bit much.

You look great in long hair, and as a brunette! Solid!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
If that is the same BB shirt I have then the collar is not removable.

Yup, Feraud's right! I have some removable collars which I love how they look - but the color never matches up with the white shirts I have. The material used for the collars I suppose has oxidized or something over the years, so when wearing them with white shirts it makes the collars look a million years old compared to the shirt. No sir, this isn't your dinosaur's patricide collar! lol

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
mike said:
Yup, Feraud's right! I have some removable collars which I love how they look - but the color never matches up with the white shirts I have. The material used for the collars I suppose has oxidized or something over the years, so when wearing them with white shirts it makes the collars look a million years old compared to the shirt. No sir, this isn't your dinosaur's patricide collar! lol

I have some vintage collars that are just that touch off-white even after thorough cleaning. I also have some slightly off-white vintage shirts. I've been wearing them interchangeably.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:
I have some vintage collars that are just that touch off-white even after thorough cleaning. I also have some slightly off-white vintage shirts. I've been wearing them interchangeably.

I was thinking maybe some colored/striped collarless shirts might work with the aging collars, but I haven't found a shirt that fits just right yet [huh]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic:
Its been SOOO dang hot here lately that almost sounds like a good idea! Working on figuring out how close can I get to bare to stay cool with still wearing a brassiere and looking modest is a bit of a challenge- and frankly out here in No. California it would perhaps be seen as a quite refreshing change of pace!! I try to avoid the sun as much as I can, sleeving up when possible. I'd rather stay pale than have the so typical and so boring Calif. tan look.

I ain't taking my shirt off yet, but did get so warm in Zumba and Pilates classes at the YCMA last week in the evenings that after Zumba on Wed. pm, I went and jumped into the OUTDOOR POOL wearing my exercise class garb-wifebeater tshirt (snitched from DH's dresser) and my cropped grey sweats. Was told by the lifeguard that I can't wear street clothes in the pool (well duh). Had an hour break before Pilates, so I hung out dripping and cooling off. It felt GREAT! Still had wet sweats during Pilates but it felt good to get cooled off!

Fletch said:
Keep yer shirt on, hon,

I got a good one, but it's stranded in my cel phone. I'm going to try to Bluetooth it off there. Gracious what a wonderful age we're living in.

You could PM clubwitsend. That's what I was dressed for last night. Don, of the mg't, took at least one of me there.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Moss Bros. tropical weight suit
Vintage shirt
3" point collar
Tootal tie
Clarks brogues
Lee lightweight hat

I've never had brown shoes before, only black, so this was a bit of an experiment for me. I've seen a lot of 30s and 40s catalogue artwork showing men in grey suits with brown shoes, so I thought I'd give it a try.

DSC00082.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
015.jpg

Dressed for rather cooler and wetter weather than we actually had...

Vintage 4x2 d/b
Charles Tyrwhitt spread collar double-cuff shirt
Vintage Gieves & Hawkes tie
Vintage double-oval faux amber cufflinks
Hackett quartered pocket square (not sure about the wisdom of this choice, but there you go...)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
lol lol lol Loove it! Haven't seen the movie, maybe I should.

Will do sir, tho I have ended up tying up my tshirt into sortoa forties midriff look thing in Zumba. I think I need to make/find a Busby Berkeley 30s chorine rehearsal outfit for dance aerobic exercise classes.

Fletch said:
I'm reminded of an exchange in Chevy Chase's Fletch...

Dana Wheeler Nicholson, in towels: Are you always this forward?
Chase: Only with wet married women.

Like I said, Carey, keep yer shirt on. ;)

Lenore

Practically Family
Anthony Jordan said:
015.jpg

Dressed for rather cooler and wetter weather than we actually had...

Vintage 4x2 d/b
Charles Tyrwhitt spread collar double-cuff shirt
Vintage Gieves & Hawkes tie
Vintage double-oval faux amber cufflinks
Hackett quartered pocket square (not sure about the wisdom of this choice, but there you go...)

Oooh I like the tie. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe