Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very nice Darhling and Equest.Betty...

A wonderful look! But alas I do not have slim quads necessary for this look in pants- sigh... Though this could be sweet look on our tiny, petite frame 14-1/2yo dd Sarah.

QUOTE=Darhling]Inspiration for today : Equestrian Betty

betty.jpg

Camel colored riding pants from Gant
Black leather boots
Standard white cashmere jumper
Hermès Scarf around neck (behind the flash)
Bag & belt from Vuitton

Sorry the pics are beyond blurry, my cell phone doesn't take the best pics..

29032009007.jpg

29032009009.jpg
[/QUOTE]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
GREAT outfit you've very stylishly

pulled together here! Thanks also for adding the closeup detail pics, LOVE that tie.

thunderw21 said:
Perhaps a bit premature, but it's Spring and the weather was right today.

*early '50s jacket and vest from "J.C. Petersen's", my great great-grandfather's haberdashery
*1930s tie
*late '40s Dobbs fedora
*modern shirt
*modern trousers
*modern Bostonian spectators

me106.jpg

front014.jpg

Was going for the look on the right:
AA156-1.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
A wonderful look! But alas I do not have slim quads necessary for this look in pants- sigh... Though this could be sweet look on our tiny, petite frame 14-1/2yo dd Sarah.

Thank you sweetheart! Although the only petite about me is my height, I don't think you have to be very slim to wear this. I do prefer this look over jeans when the weather forces me to wear pants and sensible shoes (I have never been on a horse in my life ;) but I love the classic and elegant equestrian look).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
dressed to DANCE, do you TANGO??

Well, other ladies shared pics of them dressed up to dance, so here goes. This is my favorite "latin" dress that I have worn dancing. Its not vintage,but the dance is! Does that count?

Tonight is Tango class. I'm not wearing this dress (see another post) this evening, I actually put it on to cover the Flexees foundation I'm testing out, from a tip I got on the Powder Room.

So please pardon the brassierre and foundation straps visible in this pic, I need to make a little bolero jacket to go over this!

This is what fifty looks like...
359851297.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Ballroom Dance outfit-Art Deco style print skirt

Changed out from this morning's church outfit, I like the Art Deco style print on the skirt. It has a deep hem in it, so I'll probably let it out to make the skirt a bit longer. Cotton knit top and silk skirt are new Ralph Lauren from last Spring, the new camisole is Arianne. The shoes are vintage! Bye for now, I'm off to Tango lesson...
359852133.jpg

alden405

A-List Customer
IMG_0014.jpg

Your wish,my command....

told a lie its a wrangler bluebell jacket,it was in my bag at the time of last post,weather is cool so jacket is on

ive done something daft with my camera and all the pics are real small
i also chopped my own head of (not on purpose but if i said i had a head like dropped pie we would have an understanding)

chanteuseCarey said:
This sounds great, got pic?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great Jodpurs, thanks

for adding the pic here. I myself am camera-challenged so I get the hubby to play photog... Though I figured out last night how to go from camera to posting the pics in a message all by myself now:)

alden405 said:
IMG_0014.jpg

Your wish,my command....

told a lie its a wrangler bluebell jacket,it was in my bag at the time of last post,weather is cool so jacket is on

i also chopped my own head of (not on purpose but if i said i had a head like dropped pie we would have an understanding)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great Jodpurs, thanks

for adding the pic here. I myself am camera-challenged so I get the hubby to play photog... Though I figured out last night how to go from camera to posting the pics in a message all by myself now:)

alden405 said:
IMG_0014.jpg

Your wish,my command....

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Well, other ladies shared pics of them dressed up to dance, so here goes. This is my favorite "latin" dress that I have worn dancing. Its not vintage,but the dance is! Does that count?

Tonight is Tango class. I'm not wearing this dress (see another post) this evening, I actually put it on to cover the Flexees foundation I'm testing out, from a tip I got on the Powder Room.

So please pardon the brassierre and foundation straps visible in this pic, I need to make a little bolero jacket to go over this!

This is what fifty looks like...
359851297.jpg

Fifty looks great to me! I'm just discovering that myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe