Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Tomasso said:
That's where roll-ups and flat caps come in handy; just store them in your outerwear pockets. ;)
I know- the one time I'm without a hat I'm desperately in need of one. :eusa_doh:
I had been at a formal dinner at a building less than a block from my house, and when I left, the weather wasn't bad- it was clear and in the mid '30s. Dinner ended, no snow, ended up going out with friends afterward.
Went to walk back home across campus at 2:30 AM to find a foot of snow that hadn't been there five hours earlier. Light jacket, no gloves, no hat. I was not thrilled.

Oh well- what doesn't kill you makes for a good story later.

What are you like 15 or something
No.
whos bankrolling you kid?
Most expensive thing I'm wearing there are my shoes, which cost me 20 bucks.

When I was 15 I was washing dishes and bussing tables at a Marx Big Boy
And I deal (or did) vintage hats online.

carter

I'll Lock Up
arthur said:
What are you like 15 or something whos bankrolling you kid?When I was 15 I was washing dishes and bussing tables at a Marx Big Boy
[huh]
Dinerman is a college student who has been a member of the Fedora lounge since June 2006. He knows more about vintage than many members who are much older than he is and posts from a position of earned knowledge. He is invariably a gentleman in all his posts. :cool2:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
[huh]
Dinerman is a college student who has been a member of the Fedora lounge since June 2006. He knows more about vintage than many members who are much older than he is and posts from a position of earned knowledge. He is invariably a gentleman in all his posts. :cool2:

As are you:eusa_clap Dinerman, I am so jealous of that get-up. You really must be the best dressed guy at the FL.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I appreciate that, guys. I'm not so sure about how true it is, but I appreciate it.:eek:

Today- another semi-formal dinner in about an hour.
blue '40s Double breasted- great fit, interesting button placement
tan stripe shirt
curling cufflinks
semag watch
broken arrow jeweled lapel pin
collar bar
'40s tie
gray pants

For the walk over, I'll also be wearing:
'30s black double breasted overcoat
clear beaver stetson

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143-1.jpg

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
donCarlos said:
I wish I have courage to wear ties to school... The time hasn´t come yet.

About two years ago I started wearing a jacket and tie on Fridays (I called it "Formal Friday;" not as in Dinner Jacket, but to distinguish it from "Casual Friday"). I plan to be a teacher, and because not many teachers even wear ties, I figured I'd need to get use to being the odd man out. If I could be comfortable wearing dressy clothes on campus amid the scads of slobs, I could be comfortable anywhere. It was a little weird at first, but I quickly got used to it. It was the same sort of experience as wearing my kilt out in public; I got that nervous flutter in my chest the first couple of times, but now it's no big deal. Take the plunge and it'll become natural in time.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
arthur said:
What are you like 15 or something whos bankrolling you kid?When I was 15 I was washing dishes and bussing tables at a Marx Big Boy
I can see why you're worried about being suspended.

Sit back and learn from the kid.

And sorry, no pictures, but I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt
and Art Fawcett Spumoni today.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Today I went to a very informal matinee of The Pirates of Penzance. I wore the following:

Norfolk jacket from England
Shirt from Nordstrom
Brown twill trousers from Brooks Brothers
Brown suede shoes from Church of England
Tie from Brooks Brothers

I thought I was dressed rather appropriately for an afternoon performance. One man behind me was wearing a tuxedo while a man in front of me was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I guess that makes me a middle of the roader.

Sunday4.jpg

Sunday3.jpg

Sunday2.jpg

Sunday1.jpg

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
A tuxedo at The Pirates of Penzance? There's hope for mankind, yet!

EDIT: Wait, at a matinee? Now I'm not sure what I think. I have contemplated wearing my tux to go to a evening play. The ones I've been to lately have been frequented by people in t-shirts, though. Wearing a suit would be out of place enough.

Bugsy

One Too Many
WildCelt said:
A tuxedo at The Pirates of Penzance? There's hope for mankind, yet!

EDIT: Wait, at a matinee? Now I'm not sure what I think. I have contemplated wearing my tux to go to a evening play. The ones I've been to lately have been frequented by people in t-shirts, though. Wearing a suit would be out of place enough.

I thought a tuxedo at a 2:00 performance was a bit out of place, but, as far I'm concerned, so were[huh] the tee shirt and shorts.
[huh]

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
A long day of studying and Italian today.

New 30s pattern tweed trousers
Wool pullover (isn't that old)
MOP Kum-A-Part links

DSC08622.jpg

And since the temperature's getting lower,
40s Royal Army officer's greatcoat
Dents gloves
(Late?) 40s Lee

DSC08623.jpg

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
I appreciate that, guys. I'm not so sure about how true it is, but I appreciate it.:eek:

Today- another semi-formal dinner in about an hour.
blue '40s Double breasted- great fit, interesting button placement
tan stripe shirt
curling cufflinks
semag watch
broken arrow jeweled lapel pin
collar bar
'40s tie
gray pants

For the walk over, I'll also be wearing:
'30s black double breasted overcoat
clear beaver stetson

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143-1.jpg

I adore that tie!!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks, all.

Nick, excellent look. What's that in your left lapel?

IMG_0154.jpg

today:
'30s overcoat
brown shirt
black pants
brown shoes
sunglasses (for the glare from the snow)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've been so sick recently that most of my days have been spent in my flannel pj's. It felt so nice to dress today.
3056893440_aa752b23a9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld