Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

anon`

One Too Many
I just got my favourite suit back from the tailor, so of course I'm wearing that! No costume, though. I hit on inspiration much too late this year, which is a shame =/

-Navy four-on-one double-breasted suit by Society Brand in an awesome, tight weave with little Columbia Sportwear logo-looking pattern woven into it and lapels the size of a carrier deck
-Off white spread collar shirt with double cuffs & double-faced abalone links
-3" butterfly bow tie with little stylized flower-lookie things on it in a darker shade of navy
-Black AE cap toe bluchers with boring solid navy socks =/
-1934 Longines tank watch
-Burgundy braces (not that y'all need to know that) ;)
-Brown (yes, brown) Dobbs Rainbow, rakishly cocked to the right
-My favourite goes-with-anything whipcord overcoat

After work, I'm planning to go terrorize mattresses by removing their tags, which will then be wrapped around rocks and thrown at windows of abandoned houses.

Hair was behaving this morning, so I snapped a couple of photos, pre-hat, on my way out the door. Might put up later if I remember.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
After work, I'm planning to go terrorize mattresses by removing their tags, which will then be wrapped around rocks and thrown at windows of abandoned houses.

Why bother with the mattress tags? Wouldn't rocks work just fine by themselves? Inquiring minds want to know!

carter

I'll Lock Up
We need a Jack-O-Lantern emoticon

WildCelt said:
Why bother with the mattress tags? Wouldn't rocks work just fine by themselves? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have the same question. Is this an All Hallows Eve tradition known only to Oregonians? ;) :)

Trotsky

A-List Customer
In honor of Halloween I am at work wearing my reproduction Royal Navy RNVR Sub-Lt's uniform. The pants shrunk. But, we overcame that. I must say, I believe I look rather dashing.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
The last thing I recall is being in my state room, preparing for the evening meal. All I can remember after that is being very, very cold.

DSC04267-CROP.jpg

What's this?
DSC04277-CROP.jpg

Well that certainly explains a lot!
DSC04281-CROP.jpg

Credit where credit is due:
Suit from Target
Bailey wool derby
White pique vest from UniformalWearhouse
Black silk bow tie from eBay
Vintage lorgnette with new ribbon
Vintage pocket fob and chain
Crystal cufflinks by Swarovski
Cotton Club spats by Spatterdash
Tussy mussy (with white rose bud) from some forgotten wedding supply company
Bulldog cane from Gentleman's Emporium
Boston Globe newspaper reprint from eBay
Shirt, cotton pocket square, shoes and socks from various department stores
Makeup and mossy seaweed from Halloween Experience

DSC04259-CROP.jpg

DSC04261-CROP.jpg

DSC04283-CROP.jpg

DSC04287-CROP.jpg

DSC04294-CROP.jpg

I hope you had as much fun this holiday as I did.

Edit: I also had a pair of grey gloves and a satin opera scarf from Gentleman's Emporium that I forgot to wear for the pictures.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
The last thing I recall is being in my state room, preparing for the evening meal. All I can remember after that is being very, very cold.

DSC04267-CROP.jpg

What's this?
DSC04277-CROP.jpg

Well that certainly explains a lot!
DSC04281-CROP.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!! :eusa_clap

donCarlos

Practically Family
Slim, you´re killing me lol Great idea!

No halloween here, but my dear grandfather will be 80 tommorow and invited the whole family for lunch to a rather expensive restaurant today. I hope I´m not overdressed (of course I am, but not as much as a lounger can be). Plus, it´s one of the few pictures I´ve posted here, where I´m wearing more than one "vintage" item (by which I mean oldest I could get) at a time - the pocket watch is probably 40´s, the cufflinks can be from the 50´s, the tie is late 40´s, the scarve 50´s and the coat as well.

DSCF7724.jpg
DSCF7726.jpg

And a special detail for the cufflinks, because I love them so much.
DSCF7727.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ICEBERGGGGGGGGGGGG....straight ahead!!!

Slim..."Damn you Sir!!" - just OUTSTANDING SIR!

You must wear that outfit with the wonderful spatz and waistcoat..et al...to the Queen Mary (and hopefully the only ice you'll hit will be in that glass of single malt!! ;) ).

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
donCarlos said:
DSCF7724.jpg
DSCF7726.jpg

And a special detail for the cufflinks, because I love them so much.
DSCF7727.jpg

Fantastic - very well put together. And those cufflinks are some of the most interesting I've ever seen. Is there a story? And please tell us how the celebratory dinner went!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Those are interesting cufflinks, what's the scoop?

Here's me on casual day at work. I salvaged the vest from that beloved brown suit of mine whose pants fell apart! The tie is a skinny Barbour hunting tie that I wear all of the time. The jacket was a purchase from the Lounge! (Thank you very much!) The shirt is tattersail, but you cannot tell from this cell phone pic!

Oh, and I have total helmet hair from the Vespa!

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
The day after Halloween and, as usual, no trick or treaters. I guess that's what I get for living down a long, dark, country road. They must have visions of maniacs with chain saws or something. Probably a good thing since I didn't even remember it was Halloween until I was on my way home from work after a twelve-hour day. Since today is a day off, I am sitting here in a pair of old, beat up 501s, a post-WWII vintage khaki US Army shirt, and my beloved Alden 405's. When I go out later today, I will add an A2 jacket and a fedora of some sort...the jury is still out on that one....oh, and a 1969 Omega Seamaster 300 divewatch. Given my choice, I will probably be buried in the Aldens and the Omega....

Slim Portly

One Too Many
donCarlos, I must agree with scotrace. A very well put-together outfit. Lovely warm tones in the scarf and pocket square. I'm sure your grandfather will be pleased.

Hemingway Jones said:
Here's me on casual day at work...
Egads! If only my coworkers considered this appropriate attire for "casual day"! Well done.

donCarlos

Practically Family
There were questions about the cufflinks - I´d love to know something about them too. I bought them in one thrift store and I was told that they are probably from the 50´s and that the thing with wings (or whatever it is) is a logo of some company - I still don´t know which company´s logo it can be, but it looks like something with aircrafts, so it suits me well :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe