Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Going a bit modern today.

First time in over a year I haven't worn anything vintage while dressing up (okay, my garters are vintage but no one sees 'em). ;)

Merona suit from Target:
me065.jpg

front001.jpg

Space Invader socks from American Eagle: :p
socks007.jpg

Greek mofit-style cuff links (I really like these):
cufflink001-1.jpg

Cheers!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
thunderw21 said:
Going a bit modern today.

First time in over a year I haven't worn anything vintage while dressing up (okay, my garters are vintage but no one sees 'em). ;)

Merona suit from Target:
me065.jpg

HA! Gotta love Target. Still looks great!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat too

PADDY said:
Late 30's early 40's American wool DB 3pc suit. 30's tie. Turn of century chain and gold fob. RedWing Gentleman Traveller boots (thought I'd try them out with a suit to see if it worked, and they pass muster). Stetson "Nostalgia" Fedora in Caribou. Cafe Latte by PM!
TRAVELLER013.jpg

Paddy, I liked this so much that I had to post a larger image. I particularly like the 4 pocket, 6 button vest. Can we see the entire outfit including the shoes sometime?

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Hot Damn!

Slim Portly said:
Today's office wear. The vest is a very rough tweed that appears oatmeal at first but in brighter light the green really shows.

DSC04096-CROP.jpg

DSC04097-CROP.jpg
Ahem, I uh just wanted to give a ladies perpective ;)

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Screw the Labor Day rule...it's 60 degrees and sunny. I donned my straw fedora today with a Brooks Brothers camelhair coat, gray trousers, a vintage tie and Allen Edmonds shoes. You can't see it clearly but the tie is rust and matches the windowpane stripes in the jacket.

hatman.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
64tonya said:
Ahem, I uh just wanted to give a ladies perpective ;)
You know, it's funny. That wasn't my favorite ensemble and yet I received such nice comments here and IRL. I thank you very much, dear lady, for taking the time to make such a pleasant comment.

Bugsy said:
And yet you still look perfectly well turned out. I wonder why I've never seen suits like that at Target.
I wonder why, myself. I have no less than six suit from Target (black, charcoal, charcoal pinstripe, dove pinstripe, and taupe), and I'm looking at a new one for next payday. My local Targets usually carry three or four at a time with large selections of sizes, they offer them as suit seperates, and the quality is fine for the price. I always have to have the sleeves tailored but other than that I am happy with their suits.

Right now I believe they are carrying a grey sharkskin (this one as a rare for them 3-piece), a light brown, and a couple of pinstripes. The sharkskin is too close in shade to another suit that I already have but I picked up the vest anyway. They also have a selection of "funky" (sorry) vests in the young men's section, most of which are silly but a couple of them actually look good with suits as odd pieces and even have a retro look to them.

anglophile

One of the Regulars
Brian Sheridan said:
Screw the Labor Day rule...it's 60 degrees and sunny. I donned my straw fedora today with a Brooks Brothers camelhair coat, gray trousers, a vintage tie and Allen Edmonds shoes. You can't see it clearly but the tie is rust and matches the windowpane stripes in the jacket.

hatman.jpg

I have to ask and no disrespect intended but do you consider 60 degrees hot?

carter

I'll Lock Up
NICE LOOK!

Brian Sheridan said:
hatman.jpg

You're looking spiffy, BRS! Can we see a full shot of the whole ensemble? How about a close-up of that groovy tie?

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
From last week:

DSC06762.jpg

What is that tucked in your pocket there?

Brian Sheridan said:

This is a great example of how just a vintage tie can bring a vintage feel to an entire outfit, modern or otherwise. Nice look. I'll refrain from calling the fashion police this time about your white after Labor Day violation. lol

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
MK said:
Pants are wrinkled...but:

MK_oct08.jpg

If I were a man, that's what I would wear.

Heck, I'm tempted to go find myself a copy of that outfit and wear it around town, anyway.

You look very sophisticated, and I'm just gaga for argyle, so your sweater(vest?) is driving me crazy!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Brown Borsalino
Tan Stripe shirt
'30s brown tie
Gator cufflinks
Semag watch (needs a new crystal)
nu-way braces
1951 Australian battledress trousers
1958 Canadian Fisheries Jacket
Canadian parade boots
200417.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

maggiethespy said:
If I were a man, that's what I would wear.

Heck, I'm tempted to go find myself a copy of that outfit and wear it around town, anyway.

You look very sophisticated, and I'm just gaga for argyle, so your sweater(vest?) is driving me crazy!

Thanks for the kind words. The sweater vest is from JC Penney. It is one of two argyle sweaters I bought there. They are acrylic but I don't mind at all. I find the expensive Italian wool sweaters to not be worth the money. These are $20 each and I love the colors.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe