Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Avalon

A-List Customer
No pics, I'm afraid, as my camera's battery died this morning.

Black sweater set (the sweater has pointelle work on the sleeves)
Black A-line skirt
Nude stockings
Red ballet flats
My "modern" pearls, as I call them: freshwater pearls on a leather cord. Looks classic and edgy at the same time. :) Here's a pic I found online, though mine are more white than pink:

UwB78_fR1mkM0xj8DJgZslLLU3OKKuMT81LiyxNLkjNSixkySkoKrPT1izNLUvUyUhPLUvNyKkuKUhOLS4tSi_WS83P1M3MT01OL9fNMjEwN9dIz0xgA

Oh thanks you guys! You make me blush!! A man in Birmingham told me I looked like an air hostess which made me giggle (I should probably add I was wearing a hat & white gloves at the time too!).

Imoldfashioned - It is a ruffled neckline yup, it's my favourite blouse, but I don't really get chance to wear it that often because I have no reason. I decided a trip to Liverpool was reason enough lol

Smuterella & Misshannah - Its all a magical illusion created by mirrors & smoke & a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle :D

VintageBetty- I love that jacket, you always look so stylish! Your hair is looking great too!

I am currently having a bit of a funny turn what with all the handsome young men around here. I must go and have a lie down ;)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
^ Will the coffee come out of the waistcoat you spilled it on?

That would be the problem with my buying really expensive items. I'd live in fear of dousing them with olive oil or something. I learned a while back never to eat chocolate in a car while I was wearing light-colored trousers: those stains are hard to get out!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Thanks for kins words, all...

Patrick Murtha said:
^ Will the coffee come out of the waistcoat you spilled it on?

That would be the problem with my buying really expensive items. I'd live in fear of dousing them with olive oil or something. I learned a while back never to eat chocolate in a car while I was wearing light-colored trousers: those stains are hard to get out!

Ah, yes, it did, thankfully - that's the same waistcoat you see in my last post - a local soak in cold water fixed it. And yes, chocolate is hell to get out. :mad:

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
Ah, yes, it did, thankfully - that's the same waistcoat you see in my last post - a local soak in cold water fixed it. And yes, chocolate is hell to get out. :mad:

I thought it looked like the same waistcoat, but I wasn't sure. Glad to hear it turned out OK.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
What a week...glad it's about over. I suppose I'm on the mend, since my temp is down to 99.2, but I'm very weak and worn out. I've had no appetite all week (lost about 6 pounds), and no energy for reading or watching movies (which can be the saving distractions of a milder illness). When I haven't been lumbering at work, I've been zonko.

Today's outfit is business casual comfort food.

JAB SB 2B single-vent bold blue plaid sportcoat
Marshall Field's "Field Gear" cuffed tan chinos, slightly wide leg opening
Tommy Hilfiger blue-gray point collar shirt, crisp white tee underneath
Navy silk pocket square, points up
Black braided leather belt
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
JAB navy patterned OTC socks
Cole-Haan navy/light green saddles
Burberry olive trenchcoat with tan wool collar
Vintage David Hanna (Donegal Town, Ireland) brown speckled tweed newsboy cap

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Casual day for me--that means no suit. Instead, I am wearing a DB navy blazer, tan cavalry twill trousers, light blue checked shirt with spread collar, tobacco-brown suede captoe oxfords (Peal for BB), tie with a pattern of shotgun shells, vintage watch, Habit Rouge and..... my brown felt "Chelsea" fedora form Lock & Co. Paisley pocket square and a tan stirrup leather belt to finish. I love Fridays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe