Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marty M.

Vendor
My new fav...?

Pink Dahlia said:
Made this dress from a late 40s mail order pattern. The fabric a friend's wife gave me. Despite how obnoxious I think this dress is, I received a lot of compliments today. :D
l_948e8a3551f85243eddd738ec6db6a06.jpg

Hi ya Pink. I love this dress. I think the fit is spot on. Great suppression at the waist. This might be my new fav' Pink dress.
Marty Mathis

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
Hi ya Pink. I love this dress. I think the fit is spot on. Great suppression at the waist. This might be my new fav' Pink dress.
Marty Mathis

Thanks Marty! I really like the way this pattern fits as well. So much so I'm pretty sure I'll be making another soon. :)

lyburnum

Practically Family
I don't think either of these outfits could be defined as classy, but they're my lazy day outfits.

Rosie the Riveter for the hairdressers and some strange 50s Gypsy mix for work
img0124dd0.jpg
dsc00157vu4.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Pink- I have to tell you that you've always been a cutie in your posts,but recently you just seem to be looking extra pretty.Maybe,it's the new hair or something.I just see more sparkle.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Pink- I have to tell you that you've always been a cutie in your posts,but recently you just seem to be looking extra pretty.Maybe,it's the new hair or something.I just see more sparkle.

Oh wow thank you! :eek:
That's quite a compliment but I hate to tell you there's really no reason why I should be sparkling! [huh]

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I've been watching the BBC series Monarch of the Glen, so I am feeling a wee bit Scottish...

I realize I've been listing my boutonnieres as being in the left lapel, when I've actually been wearing them in the right lapel, so as not to have them on the same side as the pocket square. Chalk up the confusion to right/left dyslexia (which I do suffer from a bit). :) Since there are no buttonholes on the right side of my jackets, I use a pin to fasten the flower.

I got that book The Boutonniere in the mail yesterday. Looks very nice. Great photos with ideas I want to try.

Vintage blue-grey two-button double-vented Harris tweed sportcoat from Hector Russell Kiltmaker Group of Inverness, Scotland
Jos. A. Bank white button-down shirt, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
White cotton pocket square, rectangular fold
Vintage trout fly, left lapel
Lemon-colored carnation, right lapel
Brown leather dress belt with vertical groove lines
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Armani Mania cologne
Dark grey non-ribbed OTC socks
AE brown suede Delray split-toe lace-ups

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Tuesday, nothing much new - pics are taken after after a very long day (stretched well into the next) at the office, so please excuse some rumpledness:

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03232.jpg
DSC03239.jpg

Wednesday:

DSC03255.jpg
DSC03262.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
Looking sharp Lucky Strike - you have some really nice vintage watches.

Todays attire for work and a movie premiere - sorry about the water stains on the mirror:

270308.jpg

AB-Dlx
Checkered green, dark khaki and brown tweed scarf
White shirt
Burgundy and green silk tie
Gray knitted west (yes, I'm really fond of this one :))
Light brown jacket
Khaki wool trousers
Brown leather belt
Brown leather shoes
Revue Thommen 30's sport watch (shown in an earlier post in this thread)
Semper Ardens lapel pin (shown in an earlier post in this thread)

/Jakob

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe