Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

OK! Apparently I didn't get quite the bargain I thought I had. So, definitely NOT an inclement weather hat. Thank you, Jack, I will wear it appropriately.
I was only cautioning you not to wear it in the rain. There is a lot to learn here if you read & take it all in. Rodeo King has never been known as a top tier western hat. You won’t see many here on the FL.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
No, I understood, Jack. I'm merely saying that, with your info on their poor performance in inclement weather, I needed to re-calibrate my opinion of how well I did in scoring this one. It's still a nice enough hat that I'm pleased to have it, just not quite AS pleased. And yes, I do read as much as I can, but trying to avail myself of 20-something years of stored knowledge can sometime be a little daunting. :)

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Swung by my local cowboy supply store this morning (it had been about 2 weeks, an eternity for me to not have poked my head in), and found this simple, basic, Stetson 6X straw OR in my size. Linda, my awesome local shaper, threw a slight down-turn onto the front of the brim, and home it came with me!

Stetson straw OR.jpg

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I know from looking around in the Lounge that hats from River Junction Trading Co. have had a hit-and-miss reputation over the years. Mustang Mike hazarded an opinion years back that when they were selling GOOD hats, they likely came from D Bar J, and the one I bought from them in 2015 could certainly have been David’s work. So, when I came across an on-line sale of one of their 10X fur felts in my size, selling for a RIDICULOUSLY low price, I nearly scorched my keyboard logging on and snagging it. It arrived today, and I’m VERY pleased. Fit, finish, styling and construction on this one are excellent. I’m pretty sure this is an older version of their On The Dodge model. 4” bound-edge brim, and a crown that’s 6” at the front crush, and 5” at the back, in silverbelly. Another AWESOME (and big!) Cowboy Action Shooting hat. Woo-hoo!!

Rvr Jct On The Dodge 1.jpg
Rvr Jct On The Dodge 2.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I know from looking around in the Lounge that hats from River Junction Trading Co. have had a hit-and-miss reputation over the years. Mustang Mike hazarded an opinion years back that when they were selling GOOD hats, they likely came from D Bar J, and the one I bought from them in 2015 could certainly have been David’s work. So, when I came across an on-line sale of one of their 10X fur felts in my size, selling for a RIDICULOUSLY low price, I nearly scorched my keyboard logging on and snagging it. It arrived today, and I’m VERY pleased. Fit, finish, styling and construction on this one are excellent. I’m pretty sure this is an older version of their On The Dodge model. 4” bound-edge brim, and a crown that’s 6” at the front crush, and 5” at the back, in silverbelly. Another AWESOME (and big!) Cowboy Action Shooting hat. Woo-hoo!!

View attachment 623244 View attachment 623245
Yessir, buddy. That's a fine looking Western.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth