Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

msm007

One of the Regulars
Hi, that color is undyed natural. Jaxonbilt, Tumwater hats, Art Fawcett, and Buckaroo hatters all carry it. I'm sure most other custom guys do too, it's one of the colors that Winchester (I think) makes there in Tennessee. Roy at Jaxonbilt, and Mike at Buckaroo hatters will both do what ever you want done to a hat (within the limitations of the felter (36 inch crown etc)), and they are less expensive than Rand's. I didn't mention Tumwater or Art Fawcett here because they are known more for Fedoras than Westerns.

Later

I can attest to Jaxonbilt. Been wearing a large western 100X natural color for almost a year in all types of weather. The thing looks like new. Great person to deal with and serious value for your money. No hype.
Same hat in my avatar.

Last edited:

vintage68

Practically Family
These are two of the three Jaxonbilts I own, the oldest being about 7 years old, and it still looks almost new after being in all kinds of weather as well.

IMG_0079.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This week I'm wearing a hat I bought from a lounger last April and never post a picture of it here.
It should be raining but we got a hot week and I was walking in Lisbon and remembered to take a picture.

stet4xrandooch.jpg

It's a 4x beaver stetson.

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
Aren't all wind strings detachable? I just thread mine through the brim holes on windy days, then pull the string off when the wind dies down.

Yeah, I suppose they are all detachable. I don't really want to put any holes in my hat just now so I was going to get the ones that have a kind of cotter pin which attaches inside.

TipTop

Practically Family
Chocolate Over Chocolate

I was out last night and because it was cold again, I pulled this untried combo together. I got a couple of compliments on it so I thought I'd take a daylight shot of the Rand Back Country and a chocolate Isaia shearling coat that absorbs any amount of light thrown at it. While it's Napoli-meets-Billings, I liked the outcome...and it is my favorite hat.

15333239-md.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
You're right, Ray, that coat looks black to me.

I had an Akubra Gymkana for awhile that hat a feathered leather band like that. It's very appealing on a western.

TipTop

Practically Family
Thx Randall. I like it because it appears almost as an airbrushed optical illusion...or is airbrushing meant to look like those feathers?

TipTop

Practically Family
Resistol QTR Horse 60 and Sheep Skin Coat
WesternHats005.jpg

Mighty fine, pardner...except I can see spring is coming there too! Nothing says American West better than a shearling ranch coat and a big old Stetson. And it only improves with the bib shirt! FWIW, I'm composing this with my boots on--in upstate NY!
15263978-md.jpg

Last edited:

Chief000731

Practically Family
Mighty fine, pardner...except I can see spring is coming there too! Nothing says American West better than a shearling ranch coat and a big old Stetson. And it only improves with the bib shirt! FWIW, I'm composing this with my boots on--in upstate NY!
15263978-md.jpg
Hey Top nice boots I really like them, Yeah I love the bibb shirts...
Carl

TipTop

Practically Family
Thx Chief, I'm much more into collecting them than hats. They don't take up quite as much space, but tend to be more expensive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82