Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want to be featured in my new book? If That Hat Could Talk

Bru

New in Town
Ever look at one of your hats and think: “If that hat could talk, wow that thing’s got some stories it could tell” ?

Hi, my name is John Brubaker. I’m an author and a hatter in Portland Maine.

I’m gathering stories for my new book titled: If That Hat Could Talk.

The idea for a book about people and their hats originated after I was having a conversation with a customer. My customer was telling me all about this beat up old Stetson he brought in to have me clean and restore. It was his grandfather’s hat and as he was describing his grandfather, a veteran and member of The Greatest Generation, I thought:

Wow… if that hat could talk, it would have some amazing stories to tell. The man led an amazing life and left quite a legacy.

That chance encounter was the genesis for my new book which will feature people from all walks of life, sharing stories about their hats that range from inspiring to unbelievable. With that in mind, I wanted to ask if you (or really your hat) has got a story you’d like to share to be included in the book:

• Did your hat save your life somehow?

• Did you meet your significant other because of a hat?

• Was your hat passed down several generations? Is it one of a kind?

• Did your hat get stolen and subsequently recovered?

• Do you have a touching story about being gifted your first hat?

We would love to hear from anyone who has a fascinating story to tell about their hat.

And if you’ve ever looked at your hat and said, “Thank God that hat can’t talk or it would tell a pretty incriminating story”, in that case we DEFINITELY want to hear your story and can keep your identity anonymous.

If you’d like to share your hat’s story you can submit it via email or simply email me to set up an interview: IfThatHatCouldTalk@gmail.com

Thanks,
John

Ever look at one of your hats and think: “If that hat could talk, wow that thing’s got some stories it could tell” ?

Hi, my name is John Brubaker. I’m an author and a hatter in Portland Maine.

I’m gathering stories for my new book titled: If That Hat Could Talk.

The idea for a book about people and their hats originated after I was having a conversation with a customer. My customer was telling me all about this beat up old Stetson he brought in to have me clean and restore. It was his grandfather’s hat and as he was describing his grandfather, a veteran and member of The Greatest Generation, I thought:

Wow… if that hat could talk, it would have some amazing stories to tell. The man led an amazing life and left quite a legacy.

That chance encounter was the genesis for my new book which will feature people from all walks of life, sharing stories about their hats that range from inspiring to unbelievable. With that in mind, I wanted to ask if you (or really your hat) has got a story you’d like to share to be included in the book:

• Did your hat save your life somehow?

• Did you meet your significant other because of a hat?

• Was your hat passed down several generations? Is it one of a kind?

• Did your hat get stolen and subsequently recovered?

• Do you have a touching story about being gifted your first hat?

We would love to hear from anyone who has a fascinating story to tell about their hat.

And if you’ve ever looked at your hat and said, “Thank God that hat can’t talk or it would tell a pretty incriminating story”, in that case we DEFINITELY want to hear your story and can keep your identity anonymous.

If you’d like to share your hat’s story you can submit it via email or simply email me to set up an interview: IfThatHatCouldTalk@gmail.com

Thanks,
John
Nothing to contribute but a great idea for a book!

Reactions: Bru

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1