Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear: Threads of the Past

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Another Similarity—-and I do think this is noteworthy as a peculiarish ID clue ——

These jackets seem to have sorta what I’m terming FALSE PLEATS in their rear construction. The design would lead one to think that the single or double pleat designs are concealing functional pleats with additional leather allowing for expansion in that back panel.

But if you see the interior unlined or probe the pleat —- you see that the design is pretty much entirely decorative. There is no inner fold of leather that allows expansion. I’m seeing this on my jacket and it appears the same as the Instagram and Inspriration jacket rear single pleat designs.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hey dudes!!!
I had to pop in and I wish it was with some definitive ID info on these jackets with the distinctive angled lower front pockets.

I recently picked up a black version of this jacket so I wanted to post since I happened to see this topic evolving. Of course — my jacket has no label. In fact—- oddly it’s flannel lined and where the label was is like a glue residue. I don’t recall seeing glued on labels very often if at all. Coulda been a name tag.

Anyway— I’m gonna try to post some pics here from my phone. This jacket hasn’t been even wiped down much less conditioned at all yet so it’s a little rough but obviously great for the age.

Hopefully having a few of these in our hands will help get an ID at some point.

Sorry for the dreaded sideways pic articulation SMH….. better pics at a later date.

Cheers/Prost Bros!!!

PS: I’m sure some of you were in on this
Wow, this is SPECTACULAR. I've never seen another one of these jackets other than the one in the Lightning Magazine / bill Kelso website. And it has the same halfbelt construction and buckles as the Alaskan jackets!

We need more pics!

jeo

Call Me a Cab
Hey dudes!!!
I had to pop in and I wish it was with some definitive ID info on these jackets with the distinctive angled lower front pockets.

I recently picked up a black version of this jacket so I wanted to post since I happened to see this topic evolving. Of course — my jacket has no label. In fact—- oddly it’s flannel lined and where the label was is like a glue residue. I don’t recall seeing glued on labels very often if at all. Coulda been a name tag.

Anyway— I’m gonna try to post some pics here from my phone. This jacket hasn’t been even wiped down much less conditioned at all yet so it’s a little rough but obviously great for the age.

Hopefully having a few of these in our hands will help get an ID at some point.

Sorry for the dreaded sideways pic articulation SMH….. better pics at a later date.

Cheers/Prost Bros!!!

PS: I’m sure some of you were in on this

Good to see you back brotha!

Amazing jacket man! It’s the same exact jacket as the tan ‘Bill Kelso’ jacket except yours has those fancy buckles that morph onto the half belt.

With your jacket having the same kind of stitch pattern at the chest pocket, same cuff details, same buckle that morphs onto the half belt and the same back design as the Minnesota Woolen jacket, I think it’s safe to say they were the maker.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
IMG_6536.jpeg
IMG_6535.jpeg

@jeo 's jacket in action.

IMG_6454.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cossack