Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Take a classic MG, Paint it two tone green. *yucky*:yuck::puke:
[video=youtube;OgAJZ-4kOjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgAJZ-4kOjw[/video]

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Talk about car colors. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time cleaning and shining up the old ’48 Plymouth. I thought I’d got her looking real good. Nothing like a shiny, black car.

But, when I backed her out of the garage this afternoon to ride over to the Post Office, she was this disgusting yellow-green color. There must be enough pollen on the car to pollinate an entire forest of pine trees. The photo doesn’t really do it justice, but take my word for it, the car actually looks yellow-green.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
As "racing green" was Jaguar's racing color - was this an original color option for the car when new?

While I agree with the general feel toward green cars expressed here overall, the exception, for me, is Jaguar racing green - on the right car (mainly Jaguar sports cars) - it looks outstanding.
Yes it was an option.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I will admit, I have only owned Three green vehicles in all these years! A 71 240Z, which we emidiatly painted red and black, a 2011 Tacoma, which I only owned for less then three years and a 79 Triumph Bonneville. The later, was a super dark jade green with white scallops, so it looked black most of the time, except in bright sunlight, then it looked pretty good. Can't say I would paint a car green, unless it was a classic Brit, then maybe?

I will admit, I have only owned Three green vehicles in all these years! A 71 240Z, which we emidiatly painted red and black, a 2011 Tacoma, which I only owned for less then three years and a 79 Triumph Bonneville. The later, was a super dark jade green with white scallops, so it looked black most of the time, except in bright sunlight, then it looked pretty good. Can't say I would paint a car green, unless it was a classic Brit, then maybe?

I rest my case. lol lol

When you become "The King of Cool" you can buy it and paint it any weird color you want! I would love to drive it just once please!

The original color would be just fine.

I do not want to be nuts, smoke dope, use copious amounts of cocaine and acid to relax, suffer from ADD, be a complete womanizer and die from cancer to be cool. Uh, no thanks. Sounds like a hippie to me not cool----just pathetic.
You couldn't give me a British car. I couldn't keep up with the constant repair bills and leaking like a sieve. :p Then again, you could give me one so I could sell it and buy something reliable. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just remember, there were some guys named William Harley and the Davidson brothers, who said, "you can have one of our motorcycles in any color, as long as it's Green!" Worked pretty good for them. I wouldn't mind a JD to ride! [video=youtube;_ddNc9VW2ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ddNc9VW2ls[/video]

Three quick thoughts:

1) Big Man, that car is gorgeous and the tulips lining the drive look great (the only thing that would look better is if the picture was in black and white).

2) That is a ridiculously gorgeous motorcycle.

3) How come nobody commented on my "Jaguar's Racing Green on a Jaguar sport car is an exception to the no-green rule" thought?

Talbot

One Too Many
On seventies colored cars:

1972 Country Squire:
29801_10151196529914330_1361450244_n_zpsdcyqshif.jpg

Extra points for Di-Noc inserts!

I just remember, there were some guys named William Harley and the Davidson brothers, who said, "you can have one of our motorcycles in any color, as long as it's Green!" Worked pretty good for them. I wouldn't mind a JD to ride! [video=youtube;_ddNc9VW2ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ddNc9VW2ls[/video]

That is not green. It is more copper/gray than green.

3) How come nobody commented on my "Jaguar's Racing Green on a Jaguar sport car is an exception to the no-green rule" thought?

1974-Jaguar-XKE-001.jpg

Nope, still ugly and on a car whose electrical system was designed by Rube Goldberg, whose interior was so small and tight that the pedals are too small for human sized feet and for putting a battery in the passenger compartment behind the dash so it could leak on the carpet and eat through it----there is no exception. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken