Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

Really?

Green-VW-Bus-on-Austin-Texas.jpg

DatsunB210.jpg
images
5519172024_1970EldoGreen_answer_8_xlarge.jpeg
Yes, really. You just didn't pick any of the cars I would want. :p The first four are a waste of steel.
I would entertain the Caddy. That green wouldn't make me put my wallet away.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At least the car companies today know better than to try to market green cars.
They stay on the lot longer than any other color because people just don’t like green cars.
I pity dealers who would get stuck with green cars and have to discount the heck out of them to get them sold to a half blind person.

Makes me wonder, do half blind people in America have a licence to drive?

Are green cars, the world over, hard to sell? Here in the UK, green cars have always been hard to shift, yet when Bentley, then Jaguar, then MG, all came up with a green that was described as: "British Racing Green," they sold them in droves. Strange that, or what?

Makes me wonder, do half blind people in America have a licence to drive?

Are green cars, the world over, hard to sell? Here in the UK, green cars have always been hard to shift, yet when Bentley, then Jaguar, then MG, all came up with a green that was described as: "British Racing Green," they sold them in droves. Strange that, or what?

Hmmmmm.....we have just deduced that half blind people drive green Bentleys and Jaguars and MGs. :p
Some times naming something other than barf green sells it better. :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Oh and yes, some times when I am the road here that comes to my mind as well.
Perhaps they got their license from rather unconventional ways:

So, are these half blind drivers, the same ones, who think that directional indicators, are optional extras? And are these half blind drivers the ones who, because of their sight impairment, the drivers who forget that if the obstruction is on the driver's side of the road, they should always give way to the oncoming traffic? And, are these half blind drivers the same one's who, when approaching a junction look in the wrong direction first? Possibly with the hope of driving straight out into the moving traffic. Strange that, I think we have a lot of half blind Americans living on our Island.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Oh and yes, some times when I am the road here that comes to my mind as well.
Perhaps they got their license from rather unconventional ways:

So, are these half blind drivers, the same ones, who think that directional indicators, are optional extras? And are these half blind drivers the ones who, because of their sight impairment, the drivers who forget that if the obstruction is on the driver's side of the road, they should always give way to the oncoming traffic? And, are these half blind drivers the same one's who, when approaching a junction look in the wrong direction first? Possibly with the hope of driving straight out into the moving traffic. Strange that, I think we have a lot of half blind Americans living on our Island.

That sounds an awful lot like them yes. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
While I am not a fan of green cars all the color combinations mentioned so far were popular at the time and looked good at the time. I am a little puzzled as to why blue and white is suddenly ugly. I wonder if it is because today's cars are so bland and colorless. Maybe if the younger people see a car that is other than white or silver it hurts their eyes?

Hope you never see a 20 foot long Packard Patrician hardtop in 3 tone salmon, white and charcoal gray with reversible brocade/leather upholstery. It might blow your mind permanently.

Have you seen all the neon colors on cars these days? Ford even has a car called Neon, with said colors on it. Neon Lime anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken