Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Brooks Cafe Racer

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
I spotted this Brooks cafe racer in a local vintage shop today and thought I’d share a few pics. It’s absolutely full of character but in pretty poor condition. It was my first time handling one of these, and I was impressed by how great it fit. I love the cut.

Unfortunately, I don’t own a Harley, and some previous owner put a patch on the back. I could always swap it out for a different patch, but not sure I want to tamper with the life and story of such a unique piece.

My apologies for the less-than-ideal photos. I didn’t bother with pictures, but I’m glad my wife was on top of it and took a few. What do you guys think? Is this too trashed for the $150 price tag?

IMG_5684_VSCO.jpeg
IMG_5687_VSCO.jpeg
IMG_5682_VSCO.jpeg
View attachment IMG_3364.jpeg

Bennarion

One Too Many
A cool jacket with character. It suits you perfectly. It's better to leave her as she is.

You look like a Hollywood actor. Thanks for the cool photos

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I spotted this Brooks cafe racer in a local vintage shop today and thought I’d share a few pics. It’s absolutely full of character but in pretty poor condition. It was my first time handling one of these, and I was impressed by how great it fit. I love the cut.

Unfortunately, I don’t own a Harley, and some previous owner put a patch on the back. I could always swap it out for a different patch, but not sure I want to tamper with the life and story of such a unique piece.

My apologies for the less-than-ideal photos. I didn’t bother with pictures, but I’m glad my wife was on top of it and took a few. What do you guys think? Is this too trashed for the $150 price tag?

View attachment 636931 View attachment 636932 View attachment 636933 View attachment 636934
You look like an absolute rockstar in that jacket!

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
$45 was a steal! @LordOfLeather the jacket looks great on you…did you note the size? These jackets can often be found for good prices without the patch.
Thanks!
Unfortunately, the size tag was torn off, so I’m left guessing. This makes it a bit harder to buy online. I might go back to the shop with a tape measure.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks fantastic on you. And you clearly enjoy it!

There was a large motorcycle parts/accessories/bike swap meet near my home last week. I saw many jackets in much worse condition commanding more $$$ than yours. So I do not think that is too bad of a price. It appears to be a little bit thicker leather.

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your suggestions. Typically, I am drawn to jackets in new or like-new conditions, and while I know I can probably find this model in better condition for the same or less money, I have to admit part of the appeal is the aged leather. It’s the type of effect many manufacturers strive to achieve by pre-distressing their leather or producing it with a rub-off effect. But this one has clearly resulted from many years of experience. I may stop back to the shop and see if they are open to bartering. It sounds more appealing than trying to find a “better” one online. After all, I don’t need another black cafe racer. There’s just something about this one. If that makes sense.

Bennarion

One Too Many
I think it looks fantastic on you. And you clearly enjoy it!

There was a large motorcycle parts/accessories/bike swap meet near my home last week. I saw many jackets in much worse condition commanding more $$$ than yours. So I do not think that is too bad of a price. It appears to be a little bit thicker leather.
I also noticed that the leather is thicker on this jacket. That's why she got so old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42