Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The new comp weight is stunning. There seem to be two versions, both beautiful. Nice grainy hides and some of them are brown at the core (but vintage type, not fast fade "tea core" crap).
Two kinds of competition weight? Can you please elaborate, I am about to place an order, have to know if I should point towards one or the other :D

Al 916

One Too Many
To echo Monitor's question though, what is the model? Lol
Damn those......sorry just a design feature that does not rock me.

I won’t say for fear of upset (but you can guess).

See I upset you....sorry, tbh it's me they look shite on, you absolutely nail it!

Last edited:
Damn those......sorry just a design feature that does not rock me.

I won’t say for fear of upset (but you can guess).

See I upset you....sorry, tbh it's me they look shite on, you absolutely nail it!
It's the elastics, right?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two kinds of competition weight? Can you please elaborate, I am about to place an order, have to know if I should point towards one or the other :D

I don't know which is more recent nor do I think they're differentiated. Just saying the current comp weight is beautiful.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I ended up ordering my 3rd Stadium jacket (love the style and now I have it for all seasons and weight fluctuations lol) and a Thunderbird. Idk yet how much I'll wear the later, the cross zip is a fairly bold style and I feel myself rather drawn to the here around less popular baggy flight and navy jackets recently but I have no black cross zip in my collection right now and love to support a good business, so what the heck. They don't have them in stock, so it's going to be a bit of a wait but this ain't my first wait in this hobby :D

cbez

One Too Many
any vanson experts in here? was this teacore horsehide horween? looks quite nice

i-img1200x1200-1712925452ce4yxa47069.jpg

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Well it's finally been delivered.Vanson that I purchased off vinted and my sister picked it up for me about 4weeks ago.Happy to say its immaculate, but the break in starts now.Through experience with vanson, it's a long process. Only one disappointment was seeing that the zipper has the black plastic box and pin.i emailed vanson with the identity fob to see if they could provide a date of manufacture.
I forgot that I wore my original model E around the house for a year or 2 before I felt it was really comfortable. Wish me luck :)

Attachments

• 20240622_150831.jpg
    20240622_150831.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20240622_150914.jpg
    20240622_150914.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55

cbez

One Too Many
Enfield came today. The horsehide is fantastic as most describe, crazy quality with a nice teacore. Build quality is really good as well and the premium Riri zips feel great.

Unfortunately the sizing descriptions were quite a bit off so I don't know if I can make it work or not :/ shoulders were 2-3 cms off and sleeves were a full 4-5cm off.
1000022912.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az