Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vanson fit check

javajakamama

Familiar Face
i don't even know what i bought off the bay. is this the comet? (usual blue/green plaid liner) i'm a liltle upset it doesn't have hand warmers, but it's not a deal breaker.

5'11 150 - slim and in shape for my age . i always have jacket problems because of shorter torso and longer legs.

constantly sick of i'll fitting and longer jackets. not to mention a heavy front drop on leathers. stock sleeves were always long and a pia that banished the jacket to the closet forever......(never again)

this must be a custom. only gripe i have is that i wish it was a an inch longer. (but it's better being a little short than a little long from my perspective)

if i untuck my shirt i mine as well move to majorca.

i don't plan on layering. everything else seems perfect. so perfect that i might even appreciate it being a little short. unless people start talking about me wearing a cropped jacket.....lol

sellers measurements. haven't checked yet

p2p - 19.5
L - 20.5..........oh my
sleeve - 23.2

van1.jpg

Last edited:

javajakamama

Familiar Face
Looks like a comet

Get some higher rise pants

i'm strictly a mid guy.

only have a couple higher and their basically a slightly longer mid as well. i'm not about the proletariat look or fit.

my go to is levis 512. that will never change.

mumpy

A-List Customer
All good except that it is too short (and I prefer short jackets).

javajakamama

Familiar Face
better pic.

anybody could make any pic/fit look better and perfect. but if i raise my hands i can make the same jacket look painfully short

trying to snap a relaxed exact fit pic is difficult. especially since the jacket and the jeans move independently.

Attachments

• van4.jpg
    van4.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The back length from the base of the collar to the bottom of hem is 20.5-in? And you are 5'11"? I mean you wear what you want, but since you are asking for a fit check - it is at least 2" too short.

javajakamama

Familiar Face
I have the same jacket btw, love it! Only downside the sleeves become too narrow if I zip it up but can leave without it as I don't ride.

View attachment 631391

nice. zipped sleeves are a little tight as well for me. but i'm just happy it's not too long.

if i went with a 1.75 belt it would create a better optic in pics as well.

i'm going to snap some pics in a 1.25 and 1.75 belt which i'm sure will skew things more.

this jacket is a size 38

Last edited:

javajakamama

Familiar Face
I also wear Levi's 512 and find this jacket too short for my taste.

we're similar builds. and i would be lying if i didn't want another inch on this jacket. it's hard to get perfect without custom. slightly shorter will always be better than slightly longer for me.

let's be honest here. we can both wear any leather or even potato sacks and woman would say we look good. lol

if the matador chirps comes from the mouths of people, well that's another story. but if you're a fit good looking dude many people will always hate on you.

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
but if you're a fit good looking dude many people will always hate on you.

You're taking the feedback too hard. Nobody is trying to "hate" on you - people on here tend to be very supportive and respectful of others. You asked for a fit check, so just be open to some constructive criticism.

Everything looks good, the jacket is just a bit short for my preference. I usually like it to cover my belt. That being said, I think you can get away with it since it's not belted. Had the jacket been belted, I think it would be no bueno for me - not a fan of seeing 2 belts in full view.

Last edited:

javajakamama

Familiar Face
You're taking the feedback too hard. Nobody is trying to "hate" on you - people on here tend to be very supportive and respectful of others. You asked for a fit check, so just be open to some constructive criticism.

Everything looks good, the jacket is just a bit short for my preference. I usually like it to cover my belt. That being said, I think you can get away with it since it's not belted. Had the jacket been belted, I think it would be no bueno for me - not a fan of seeing 2 belts in full view.

i was just saying that in general to life experiences. not necessarily to comments.

Someone here, on TLF once said that if there's doubt, there's no doubt.

Comet is a short jacket and yeah, if you feel that it's too short, then it's undoubtedly too short - Especially if you wear like any other of your leather jackets.

In truth, though, it of course isn't too short but it's not an easy jacket to pull off. It requires a style upgrade and more importantly, it requires an attitude.

If you plan on sticking to these Levi's then yeah, you do look like you need a longer jacket. Not longer Comet, just a longer jacket.

Comet is possibly my favorite jacket by Vanson as it's so simple and so cool but three years ago, I've had the exact same doubts.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Someone here, on TLF once said that if there's doubt, there's no doubt.

Comet is a short jacket and yeah, if you feel that it's too short, then it's undoubtedly too short - Especially if you wear like any other of your leather jackets.

In truth, though, it of course isn't too short but it's not an easy jacket to pull off. It requires a style upgrade and more importantly, it requires an attitude.

If you plan on sticking to these Levi's then yeah, you do look like you need a longer jacket. Not longer Comet, just a longer jacket.

Comet is possibly my favorite jacket by Vanson as it's so simple and so cool but three years ago, I've had the exact same doubts.
You are right. This jacket is not too short. It is perfect for a rider, for whom it was designed. It is missing a couple of inches for casual wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1