Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS Ground Advantage Gripes

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
It is so bad right now that I am afraid to ship anything anywhere by any shipping company. I have to find one that I can depend on or just quit and that would really hurt, since I have a built up stock of fur felt hat blanks to use for hats. I guess that I could just insure the package for 300.00 above the value of the hat and smile if I have to collect the insurance money.????

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
Well tomorrow I will be shipping out a Indy Fedora in Beaver to MI , I will be sending it FedEx and after I stated the value of the hat 635.00 and paid for the postage their system displayed a message in fine print, they only pay 100.00 on insurance claims, I am sending it out tomorrow and it is set for delivery on Thursday, we will see what happens. If it gets lost or damaged, I will have to find another delivery service. 100.00 insurance for a 100% beaver hat just won't cut it, and bad news travels faster than good news.

I will keep you up to date on my search for a good shipping service. I hope this package makes it to where it is headed, I did not put my business name on the return address on purpose.

When I dropped the package off at FedEx I ask about the 100.00 insurance that I was notified about, FedEx gives you 100.00 insurance on all packages, if the item is insured for more all you have to do is file a claim for the amount and of course you have to show proof of the value, I am guessing a sales receipt should work???

Last edited:

shopkin

Familiar Face
I bet it gets there on Thursday. They seldom screw-up unless there is a blizzard in Memphis.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
I bet it gets there on Thursday. They seldom screw-up unless there is a blizzard in Memphis.
It happens!!!!!

cf2eac03867dc2762dd393b434a7f07c.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I've had five packages shipped via USPS from all over the country over the last three days, including one hat from a member here. Every single one of them was flagged with "ALERT! Processing exception - Regional weather delay" at the origin point. All five of them, from various regions of the country. Viewing radar maps for the last 24 hours at the origin locations reveals no unusual wind or precipitation. A nationwide sunstorm, perhaps? :rolleyes:

This is in addition to about 30% of my packages taking unnecessary loops or side trips to other destinations lately, only to return to the hub they left from several days earlier before they get headed to our PO in the next town. Our mail being delivered from the next town over when we have our very own small but almost-new PO is another, separate gripe.

USPS "postal service" is a darn joke.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
Weird. I can't say that is my experience in the Midwest. USPS has been strangely efficient (although I haven't had any deliveries since hurricane Milton.)
Just out of curiosity, what delivery service do you think is the best right now (in the USA)? USPS, FedEx, UPS, or other (Amazon doesn't count)?

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
I shipped a hat by FedEx on Wednesday and the customer received the hat this morning and I didn't drop the package off until noon on Wednesday, I purchased extra insurance and the service cost a little more because of the insurance, but it was worth the cost. I checked to see what it would cost shipping with FedEx out to CA from KY and the cost was about $35.++ and they offered over night, the same method that they used for my first shipment. So far I am really happy with FedEx, they get the package there, it cost a little more, but the customer is happy and so am I. They didn't lose the package, and fast delivery. The only problem that I had was, I had to drive 24 miles round trip to ship the package, now I have an account and I can schedule a pickup, a big plus, it does cost a little more, but the service is good.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I shipped a hat by FedEx on Wednesday and the customer received the hat this morning and I didn't drop the package off until noon on Wednesday, I purchased extra insurance and the service cost a little more because of the insurance, but it was worth the cost. I checked to see what it would cost shipping with FedEx out to CA from KY and the cost was about $35.++ and they offered over night, the same method that they used for my first shipment. So far I am really happy with FedEx, they get the package there, it cost a little more, but the customer is happy and so am I. They didn't lose the package, and fast delivery. The only problem that I had was, I had to drive 24 miles round trip to ship the package, now I have an account and I can schedule a pickup, a big plus, it does cost a little more, but the service is good.

An eBay seller just sent me an item from Japan to Malaysia via FedEx. That thing arrived in country, cleared customs and was out for delivery by the second day after being shipped. I was dumbfounded - it happened so fast that I didn't even have time to make sure someone would be home to receive the package (they don't leave packages at the door in Malaysia). They will try delivery again today (this time I'm prepared) - but for my money, FedEx is the way to go.

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
I logged into my PayPal account last night and Opted out of the option to let PayPal use my information, giving it to anyone that might be selling something that I may or may not be interested in, if I see an increase of ads in my email I will close my PayPal account and let them know why I am closing my account. In the email notice that they send to me, I noticed that they had included instructions to opt out of the option for them to sell your information. This is a copy and paste of the statement that they included.

You can opt out of this at any time in your profile settings under "Data and Privacy."

I hope this helps anyone with a PayPal account, if you don't opt out, you can always flag the ads as Spam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider