Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unworn 1940s Borsalino US 7 1/2

A recent find. Pretty much perfect condition. There are a couple of dents but nothing a swift steaming won't take care of. Charcoal grey (photographs 2 and 3 are probably the most representative) with metallic grey ribbon and edge binding. Lovely soft felt, as you would expect of a Borsalino of this vintage. Qualitá Extra Superiore. PUNTI 6 1/2 which translates to US 7 1/2 or UK 7 3/8. Appears to be in unworn condition. Please PM for details re: pricing etc. or if you have questions. Dimensions are just under 2.5" brim and 5" unbashed crown.

BorsaSale1.jpg

BorsaSale2.jpg

BorsaSale3.jpg

BorsaSale4.jpg

BorsaSale5.jpg

BorsaSale6.jpg

BorsaSale7.jpg

BorsaSale8.jpg

BorsaSale9.jpg

bk

Pending an agreement on shipping costs, the hat is sold.

Many thanks, and look out for more Borsalinos (but significantly smaller - in the 7 range) soon . . . (I will not take pre-orders. You'll have to wait for the thread. Of course, Scott, should i come across an 7 3/8 XXXXXXXLO i'll let you know ;) )

bk

ideaguy

One Too Many
Baron: could you do us a favor and take some excellent photos of this hat?
use nice flat background, good lighting, you know the drill- it's just such a
quirky looking hat, methinks that there is more than what meets the eye.

Never have seen one with the lines that hat possesses;(and I'm just a baby, hatwize; wife says nicely "otherwize, dear" with that look in her eyes)
so I'd really like to see soem detail and close shots of ribbon, the felt itself,etc.

thanks if you can do it, if not, thanks for showing us a great looking hat.
The next time, call me if it's a 7 3/8 LO.

regards, M

ideaguy

One Too Many
Baron ( and everybody else) please disregard the above post. Forgot there were great photos. If the Bartender could be so kind as to delete the post, I would be happy as a oyster.
thanks m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007