Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

W-D Forties

Practically Family
:rolleyes:

Speaking of James Cameron....

[video=youtube;brEzYdLrPws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brEzYdLrPws[/video]

Not a fan. Shocking isn't it? :eeek::p

I agree that James Cameron comes across as a smug jerk, and I think Titanic was a rotten film that trivialised the deaths of hundreds, but Aliens is a GREAT MOVIE!

MissMittens

One Too Many
I never saw Forrest Gump...but I detest it. *laughs*

X
BD

How do you know, if you haven't seen it????
But I think that you have the right perception of it. I saw close to 2/3 of it once on TBS or one of the other cable channels, but saw no merit to watching it. Seemed like a one-joke movie that went on for more than an hour too long. The plot was not believable from the opening scene.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
How do you know, if you haven't seen it????
But I think that you have the right perception of it. I saw close to 2/3 of it once on TBS or one of the other cable channels, but saw no merit to watching it. Seemed like a one-joke movie that went on for more than an hour too long. The plot was not believable from the opening scene.

I know if I cringe at a trailer, it's very probable I won't enjoy said film. From all of the clips I've seen over the years on TV, it's like I've watched it a million times.....again, movie torture!
X
BD

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I absolutely HATE Robin Williams films. Lots of Comedy, but with some tragedy. I don't need tragedy.

Forest Gump is a great movie. Very Alabama, very Redneck, and he did it ALL, Medal of Honor, Ping Pong, invented the happy face, what a man.

Later

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I don't know many people that really like Robin Williams. Makes you wonder who pays to see his film!

Mind you, I do rather like him when he's playing creepy, as in Insomnia. He does that worryingly well.

MissMittens

One Too Many
I don't know many people that really like Robin Williams. Makes you wonder who pays to see his film!

Mind you, I do rather like him when he's playing creepy, as in Insomnia. He does that worryingly well.

I did like Insomnia. Father of The Year was also a very creepy movie, and the only one he starred in that actually made me laugh. The humor wasn't "shtick" and was very very dark

rue

Robin Williams? What an annoying little flea.

Flea? I think he has fleas. Have you seen how hairy he is?? I love a hairy man, but he's like a sasquatch :eeek:

All I have to say, is "Jennayy.......Jennayy" - seen that clip far too many times.

No, it's the box of chocolate quote I can't take. I thought the movie was pretty good, but the restaurant and the t-shirts and quotes.... :eusa_doh: I can't even watch it anymore :rolleyes:

MissMittens

One Too Many
No, it's the box of chocolate quote I can't take

I'd forgotten that one. Yeah, i remember hearing it everywhere for a very, very long time. Even used the phrase myself.

Now, I can't go near a box of chocolates without thinking of that line. I hate it hate it hate it. I also can't go past a box of chocolates now without forcing myself to keep walking, but that's a different matter, lol

I'd forgotten that one. Yeah, i remember hearing it everywhere for a very, very long time. Even used the phrase myself.

Now, I can't go near a box of chocolates without thinking of that line. I hate it hate it hate it. I also can't go past a box of chocolates now without forcing myself to keep walking, but that's a different matter, lol

My quote for that line is better. Life is like a box of chocolates---you never know how many nuts you are going to come across.:p;)
That should help you out. :D

Flea? I think he has fleas. Have you seen how hairy he is?? I love a hairy man, but he's like a sasquatch :eeek:

That explains the origins of this picture then:
sasquatch.jpg
"Robin come back in the house this instant!":p;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun