Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

rue

Yes, we had them up here as well. They were still funny. The Stooges transcended time. They started in Vaudeville, went to movies and ended up on TV and in movies again. Their careers spanned 50 years. If Moe were still alive today, he would still be doing the Maja bit to laughing audiences everywhere. He was still active until the 70s doing his bits alone. They were ubiquitous. Cartoons, comic books, movie reels you could buy, and dozens of other forms or merchandise. If you could imagine a The Stooges angle their faces were on it. Even balloons now that I think of it. :plol Every once in a while there will be a movie about them as well. Their influence on comedy is still felt today. However idiots like Sandler and such cannot do it without swearing or making a mockery of themselves. :rolleyes: Ok, Stooges rant over. :p
I agree you are definitely a one off. This is coming from a one of a kind though so I might be a little biased. :Dl

Someone is really really passionate about the Stooges :biggrin2:

"I agree you are definitely a one off. This is coming from a one of a kind though so I might be a little biased. " Huh? What does that mean??

Someone is really really passionate about the Stooges :biggrin2:

Oh, and I read the book. It was sad in some places how Shemp as a nutso compulsive in real life. He was afraid of water, driving and a host of other screwy things. :eusa_doh:[huh]
Too bad he just dropped dead in the back of a taxicab after signing a big deal in 1955 to go on for more with The Stooges. :eeek::eusa_doh::confused:

rue

Oh, and I read the book. It was sad in some places how Shemp as a nutso compulsive in real life. He was afraid of water, driving and a host of other screwy things. :eusa_doh:[huh]
Too bad he just dropped dead in the back of a taxicab after signing a big deal in 1955 to go on for more with The Stooges. :eeek::eusa_doh::confused:

See... now that's just plain sad :( You're bringing me down James.......

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
My good lady was appalled to learn that I don't rate White Christmas very highly. However, I felt the same way when she expressed a similar indifference toward It's a Wonderful Life, so I'd suppose we're even really!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe