Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Barney Baruch!

O. K. Graham.

Austrian?

As I wrote elsewhere some years ago: "Isn't that where dear old Doctor Pangloss and methodological individualism first met?"

Hayek or Myrdal.

The above is entirely too glib, not at all serious, and not appropriate to the situation.

Real question:

Hayek or Mieses?

Last edited:
Barney Baruch!

O. K. Graham.

Austrian?

As I wrote elsewhere some years ago: "Isn't that where dear old Doctor Pangloss and methodological individualism first met?"

Hayek or Myrdal.

The above is entirely too glib, not at all serious, and not appropriate to the situation.

Real question:

Hayek or Mieses?

Mieses - he's Hayek's original source material - but both are giants. That's a vey nuance "this or that," as most would bucket those two together.

Technical or Fundamental analysis?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Fundamental analysis for mine. I have not the rusk tolerance nor the necessary capital for these sort of investing which can take proper advantage of technical analysis.

Oops! Forgot the "This or That?

Henry George or Piercy Ravenstone?

Last edited:
^^^^
second.

Roller coaster or bumper cars?

Good one - had to pause and think a bit.

Bumper cars for two reasons:

(1) Roller coasters, like everything else, has succumbed to the bigger-better-louder ethos of our time; whereas, bumper cars are still a humble affair.

(2) One of the nicest experience my girlfriend and I ever had was on a late spring day we took off from work. We went to an old style seaside amusement park and were the only ones on the bumper cars - we were laughing and having such a silly fun time that the operator let us stay on way over the normal time limit. He said, our enjoyment made his day - a very special moment.

Staying with the theme:

Ski ball or Pinball?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
No neon at all in my living room, though I do have an old "Zenith Radio" neon sign in the garage. It is red neon.

If I had to choose I would select white.

Atwater Kent or Philco?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Philco.

9ie7vq.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust