Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
16th century. For restoration work the lighter color is more useful, and The relatively slow drying time is ot a problem.

Sigmund Romberg or Emmerich Kalman?

Is this varnish useful for other than restoration work? Yes or no.

I will pass on these composers of which I’m not familiar to reply.

So.....Sigmund Romberg or Emmerich Kálmán?

Last edited:
Paramount.

Waiting, until your frozen-pies from supermarket, "Choco and cream", "Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte" and "Zupfkuchen" are defrosted correctly OR starting to nosh from the frozen stuff, right after comg home and unpacking them?? :D

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
We don't buy frozen baked goods. We either bake ourselves or buy from a wonderful (and inexpensive) local bakery. We do buy frozen bread dough, though, which we generally don't consume until it has been baked.

Wallpaper or Kalsomine?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Wood. Quarter-sawn oak when I can afford it, otherwise rift-sawn fir or sugar pine, which is cheap, durable, and looks great. Except, of course in kitchens, where the fir or pine works well, but oak is troublesome. In an ideal world a kitchen floor would be made of maple, but these days clear No.1 maple is just too expensive. Oak works well enough, I suppose, but only if the floor is treated like that in a living room, not like that in a service room.

Kathleen Norris or Harold Bell Wright?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust